Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Urgent help to get from Kuta to Bromo

• HollyN

Joined Travelfish
    13th July, 2012

Hello

I am wondering if anyone could please help. Me and my friend are currently in Kuta and want to visit Mount Gunung Bromo. Can anyone tell us how to get there and how much roughly this will cost?

We know we need to get to Ubung, (according to lonely planet a taxi would be 70,000 rupiah) then a bus, then a ferry..

However, there are tours available for 2 people, 3 days 2 nights for around $270 per person, which is return transport and a hotel for 2 night with breakfast. It works out about 6,000,000 Indonesia rupiah all in.

So we are unsure if it would be best to try and make the trip by land ourselves or go through a tour opetaror?

Any advice would be greatly appriciated as we would idealy like to leave Kuta tomorrow!

Thank you

Holly

#1 Posted: 24/11/2012 - 03:09

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Holly,

I was going to refer you to this thread, then I realise you asked the question then too! Was there anything on those links you needed more info on?

Cheers

#2 Posted: 24/11/2012 - 05:10

• HollyN

Joined Travelfish
    13th July, 2012

Hello

Haha, I forgot I posted that thread! Wrote that before I was travelling I think. the threads don;t really give any prices for doing it by public transport? Or mention any travel companies and their prices?

So far, travel compancies seem quite expensive, but doing the trip ourselves seems like a lot worry with busses even running and some not leaving until they have enough people.

Has anyone made the trip from Kuta to Bromo that can advise on the best way to do this?

Thank you again

Holly

#3 Posted: 24/11/2012 - 05:59

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Bali (Ubung) to Probolinggo for Mount Bromo) – 10hrs – 125,000 rupiah per person

Probolinggo to Bromo is covered here

It is going to be drastically cheaper to do it yourself, but quite a bit more work as if you do a tour all the logistics are looked after for you.

Have you checked in with Perama Tours in Kuta? They're fairly competitive for tours.

Cheers

#4 Posted: 24/11/2012 - 06:41

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

NO-its NOT that much cheaper by going on your own-esp as dumb OZzies do not know how and where to bargain, Perama offers good quality, but will cost far more as that price.

#5 Posted: 24/11/2012 - 07:14

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

"-esp as dumb OZzies do not know how and where to bargain,"

Bkk - is there any need for that? Your Ozzie-bashing and 'stupid traveller' comments are tiresome, and not exactly condusive to a friendly conversation on the forum.

#6 Posted: 24/11/2012 - 15:28

• undersky_on-
    thel

Joined Travelfish
    27th November, 2012

AC tourist bus 30 seater?(25.000 leaves Denpasar 3pm arrives Probolinggo 2am)
    AC tourist bus 12 seater (25.000 leaves Kuta 5 pm arrives Probolinggo 4am)

#7 Posted: 27/11/2012 - 21:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.