Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Bali Layover - What to do?

• b3y0nd

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2012

Hey guys

I am flying into Bali (DPS) tomorrow arriving at 10pm, and my connecting flight is at 6am the next day. Does anyone have any tips of what to do for this period of time? I've tried looking for the condition of Bali's airport but havent found much. I was wondering if anyone had any advice, or recommendations to do for that time. Is it worth getting a hostel for the night?

Cheers

#1 Posted: 8/12/2012 - 21:44

• Advertisement

• ericgsmith

Joined Travelfish
    1st September, 2012
    Location New Zealand

Ngurah Rai (bali) has a terrible website. I'm not sure if they close overnight - but there probably isn't 8 hours worth of stuff to do there. There is a standard selection of duty free shops, expensive places to eat and smoking rooms.

I guess it depends on your budget and itinerary if it's worth leaving the airport. It's $25 for a visa so if you aren't currently in or going elsewhere in Indonesia it'll cost you (again depending on your budget this may or may not be a big deal). Also, I guess if your switching airlines or haven't been checked in for your flight the following day you will need the visa anyway? Not sure how long getting the visa on arrival and clearing customs would add to your schedule.

As far as something to do - the airport is very close to the Kuta area. Depending on your interests you could taxi into Kuta, grab a drink somewhere and do some people watching. Plenty of cheap accommodation everywhere. There will also be thousands of Australians everywhere. Personally that makes me want to never go back but you may not mind that.

#2 Posted: 8/12/2012 - 22:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.