Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Bali Spirit Festival (Mar. 20-24): Advice Needed

• BinLeenk

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2013

Hey there,

My wife and I plan to be in Bali for the Spirit Festival held in Ubud March 20-24. However, the "backpacker" accommodation package is $1400 (yikes), which includes this:
    FULL FESTIVAL PASS
    6 Nights Accommodation
    Simple Daily Breakfast
    Ensuite Bathroom with Hot & Cold Water
    Airport Pick-up
    Shuttle Bus
    My wife is a yoga instructor and is super excited to go to this, but I need to find a way to lower the costs a bit. I reckon we could buy weekend passes and find a good budget accommodation in-and-around Ubud. Does anyone have recommendations?

We're also emailing the event organizers to see if we can volunteer in exchange for entry.

Has anyone been to this festival before? We've never traveled to Bali, so any other advice on the area is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#1 Posted: 7/1/2013 - 19:55

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I've not been to the festiuval.but a pass without accommodation is $550 per person, so $1100 all up. Meaning their charging another $300 for 6 nights accommodation @ $50 a night. That is expensive and you can certainly get cheaper good & central accommodation in Ubud for less money. See our Ubud listings for some suggestions.

There is a lot of information on the site covering Bali (I live here) and the Indonesia blog also has a lot worth browsing.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 8/1/2013 - 06:02

• mooball

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2010
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 132

Backpacker accommodation in Ubud is usually around the $10-20 mark. You can even go cheaper than that. For $50 you start getting some really quite stylish places with AC and a pool -- not really backpacker style.

#3 Posted: 9/1/2013 - 04:46

• purirama

Joined Travelfish
    7th February, 2013

you may search on google, try to find accommodation in Jalan Bisma, Ubud.some of this place offering good rate,.

#4 Posted: 7/2/2013 - 08:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Surin Elephant Festival Advice Needed ... By oreganoman on 12 Nov 2008 2 2746 12 Nov 2008
Thailand, laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Bali - 6 months (Jan 2014) Advice needed ... By lewism05 on 15 May 2013 5 3190 21 Oct 2013
Travel advice needed --- travel overland from Java to Bali ... By travelinchen on 28 Jun 2011 1 2704 6 Jul 2011