Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

North-east Bali rice fields resort?

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I'd like to stay a few days in June at a rice fields resort maybe north or north-west of Candidasa. I have stayed at Sideman - somewhere a fair bit north of there.
    I'm afraid I can't afford really high end places, but mid-range with a pool (or flashpacker) is fine.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

#1 Posted: 9/1/2013 - 16:36

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hey tezza,

The Tirta Gangga area has fab rice field views, really stunning, and is very affordable. Not sure about a pool though. Perhaps moobali will chime in as he knows that area better than me.

Is you do stay there try and check out Bali Asli - amazing Balinese food, a little pricey, but setting is A grade. Sam blogged about the Bali Asli cooking class here. It's a little past Amlapura. http://www.travelfish.org/blogs/indonesia/2012/07/07/cooking-class-at-bali-asli/

Hope that helps.

#2 Posted: 9/1/2013 - 17:48

• mooball

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2010
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 132

Yeah, Tirta Gangga is a nice area, but there was only budget accommodation when I was there last time. Except for Tirta Gangga itself. A top little hotel that is fully booked a lot. Pricey too. http://www.hoteltirtagangga.com/

#3 Posted: 10/1/2013 - 10:20

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006

Thanks guys, looking into that. Even on Google Earth the rice fields are Tirta Gangga look impressive.
    Hey mooball - I'm sure that's a name I remember from travel forums way back. And Mooball the town - used to turn off there for my favoutite shortcut to the Gold Coast back in the day. Of course the expressway has changed all that.

#4 Posted: 11/1/2013 - 00:21

• expatInsura-
    nce

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2013

Staying in rice farm resorts! This is a new one, living amidst greenery of the farm and probably savoring some of their fresh produce, though I do not know if it is in offing. I would love to check out these farm resorts when I visit Bali next.

#5 Posted: 11/1/2013 - 06:34

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006

epi - I'm actually after a dedicated resort amidst the rice fields rather than staying on a rice farm.

However Lihat Sawah Homestay in Sideman has a working rice fields section. I was lucky enough to be there when they were transplanting seedlings into the flooded fields. Lovely area with lotsa good countryside hikes. I think somtam has stayed at Lihat Sawah and has an aritcle somewhere on travelfish.

#6 Posted: 11/1/2013 - 18:39

• mooball

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2010
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 132

Tezza, I've been around a while on various forums. :)

#7 Posted: 11/1/2013 - 23:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Rice terrace accommodations in Bali ... By mattgrieger on 5 Oct 2012 5 1059 1 Nov 2012
looking for travel buddies: North-East and/or North Thailand ... By sawadeekrap on 31 Mar 2013 2 1300 1 Apr 2013
getting to east Bali from east java ... By breatheagain on 7 Feb 2014 7 741 17 Feb 2014