Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Indonesia: 1 month honeymoon - Help please :D

• Garyzombie

Joined Travelfish
    4th August, 2012

Hi there,
    Myself and my partner are planning on a month's backpacking in Indonesia for our Honeymoon mid June.
    We are both experienced backpackers having travelled together in Africa, India and much of South East Asia. We haven't been to Indonesia before and I was hoping for some tips/advice on an itinerary.
    We have looked at flights to either Jakarta or Bali (via Singapore).
    Our main interests/goals are:
    Diving and snorkelling
    Floating Markets/Night Markets
    Orangutans - Would like to go to Tanjang Puting but it seems quite out of the way.
    Basic itinerary currently looks like this.
    Jakarta to Pangkalan Bun
    Pangkalan Bun to Tanjang Puting
    Banjarmasin to Surabaya (Fly to Lombok)
    Make our way to Komomdo
    Komodo to Bali (via gilli air )
    Is this feasible?

#1 Posted: 18/1/2013 - 09:15

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

The main hassle with Pangkalan Bun is the flights. We went to go there last month (December) and sorting out flights was a bit of a nightmare and surprisingly expensive. In the end we wrote it off and saved it for another time (we live in Bali so have time ;-).

To sort those flights out ex Jakarta (or Surabaya -- both have flights to PB) and you'll need to do via an Indonesian travel agent as none of the carriers can be booked online with a foreign credit card to my knowledge. Bali Discovery can assist or Google is your friend as there are a few agents who can do it. I'd book them as soon as you're set in your dates.

I've not been to Benjarmasin, so can't comment on that much sorry.

For Komodo you could fly Surabaya -> Bali (transit) -> Labuan Bajo, see Komodo then come back overland/ferry through Lombok to Gili Air and then fastboat to Bali and exit.

Yes you could do all this in a month. For eg
    Jakarta 2 days
    Kalimantan 1 week
    Komodo 1 week
    Lombok main island 1 week
    Gili Air whatever is left.

If you're looking for somewhere really special for an end of trip splurge on Gili Air, Kai's Beach House is fab -- not cheap though.

Cheers!

#2 Posted: 18/1/2013 - 22:03

• kitajimaland

Joined Travelfish
    28th January, 2013

-From Jakarta take 7 am Kal Star Flight arr at P.Bun 8.20 ( around 600K each)
    -From P.Bun take 8.45 Kal Star Flight arr at Banjarmasin 11.03 am (around 600K each)
    -Banjarmasin-Labuan Bajo (Komodo) 6 am lion air Flight arr at Labuan Bajo 14.55 pm (2 stops Surabaya & Bali around 1,8 million each)
    -Labuan Bajo-Lombok (Garuda,Lion and Merpati) Flight 2 pm or 4 pm (around 800K each)
    -Lombok-Bali fastboat
    Im using traveloka (dot)com to find local flight schedule including price in Indonesia (agregator website just like skyscanner)

#3 Posted: 28/1/2013 - 20:31

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.