Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

sailing indonesia

Posted by lorcan_f on 22/1/2013 at 16:04

My wife and I want to sail through Indonesia on a traditional junk or a yacht for about a week, stopping off on island and snorkeling etc. I don't mind spending a bit but not 4k per day or anything mad. Has anybody done this before? Any advice?

Thanks!

Lorcan

#1 lorcan_f has been a member since 22/1/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by expatInsurance on 23/1/2013 at 12:37

This is a great to sail through Yatch and doing a stop over at islands along the way, like those famous travel stories. I do not think it should be that expensive.

#2 expatInsurance has been a member since 10/1/2013. Posts: 10

Posted by tezza on 26/1/2013 at 00:10

Aint exactly sailing in that the motor tends to run most of the time - but Perama's trip between Lombok and West Flores (and back if you want to extend the enjoyment) which takes in the Komodo islands for some dragon spotting plus several other places to snorkel or explore is oriented more towards the budget traveller. One of the more enjoyable cheap cruises I've done. Google will find the website.

#3 tezza has been a member since 13/4/2006. Posts: 1,338
 Website 

Posted by mooball on 2/2/2013 at 21:55 TF writer

You could always cruise around the whole country on a pelni ocean liner for not much money. Get off in ports you like the look of and wait for the next ship to come along to pick you up. I think might do that myself actually...

#4 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 431
 Where has mooball been?   Twitter   Google+   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.