admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Maluku in far eastern Indonesia sees but a trickle of both foreign and domestic travellers. We've never been there ourselves, but Laszlo Wagner has, and partly as a result of his love of the region he built the website East-indonesia.info.

So what we've done, in cooperation with Laszlo, is added links across the Indonesian portion to Travelfish.org that will lead you straight to the relevant sections on Maluku on East-indonesia.info. All such links are followed by [EI] so you know you're on the way to Laszlo's site.

East-indonesia.info is built in a different more generalist format than Travelfish.org -- think "there are boats between A and B" rather than "there are 6 departures from A to B daily which cost 124,000 rupiah and the trip takes four hours and 12 minutes", but this is Eastern Indonesia and the broad strokes are what most independent travellers really need for that region.

We think it is a great resource -- and that is why we're pointing you in its direction.

If you've got a question about the area, you're welcome to ask about it on the Indonesia section of the Travelfish forum and Laszlo will try to assist as best he can. When he's not off exploring of course.

#1 Posted: 30/1/2013 - 18:43

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Brilliant!! I'm back in Indo in August, and this is one area I am investigating as an option. Am also looking into Sulawesi... where did you guys get with those updates? Weren't you working on it once?

I'll have to track SBE down and see what her plans are....it's about time for a reunion drink somewhere...

#2 Posted: 30/1/2013 - 19:44

• somtam2000

admin
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hiya,
    Yes we have the Sulawesi research but decided to hold onto it and use as a base for a more extensive research trip - probably a little later this year that will take in a larger portion of Sulawesi and so be of use to people travelling further afield. A very solid base been laid, but we want to build on it before bringing it online.

Reunion drinks sound good. In Bangkok next week if you're free ;-)

#3 Posted: 30/1/2013 - 20:15

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Well I could possibly be in Bangkok next week if you could manage to skive off work Lizzy! :-)

#4 Posted: 31/1/2013 - 07:21

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Sorry guys, i will have to sit this one out next week unfortunately. My tentative plans for March have been pushed out to August - but at least I know it's definite this time as I've booked and paid for a ticket up to Bali. Only one way at this stage, too! Did get a cheap $16 exit ticket so that I can apply for 2 month visa.

Now I just need to work out where I head to first ...get that content up soon Sontam, I have lots of research to do.

Enjoy your beers next week if you manage it :-)

#5 Posted: 31/1/2013 - 07:40

• DSawyer

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2013

It look like Lazlo got hosed over at the TT...he will be a welcome addition here

#6 Posted: 31/1/2013 - 17:37

• somtam2000

admin
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Places visited:
    At least 113

@SBE check your messages - see you in Bangkok!
    @lizzy one-way ticket - exciting!
    @DSawyer Laszlo still active on Thorntree -- he's just agreed to help out here should relevant questions come in for Maluku as I've never been out there :)

Cheers all

#7 Posted: 31/1/2013 - 18:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.