Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Couple going to Bali!

• AjaPapaya

Joined Travelfish
    5th February, 2013

Hey

We are a danish couple going to Bali on the 19th February, but we have a few questions.

First of all, we will be leaving Bali in the afternoon on the 13th march and we are a little worried about getting to the airport etc. due to Nyepi being on the 12th march this year. Anyone have any experiences and tips on being in Bali for Nyepi?

Secondly we are not sure about visas. We have read in a few guidebooks that you can just get it upon arrival in Bali in the airport and pay 25 US$ ? Another option is to get it before we leave from the Indonesian embassy in Denmark, but that involves a lot of paperwork and we have to pay double of what it will cost in the airport..
    Anything you can tell us about visas and Bali will be helpful!

Thank you!
    - Aja

#1 Posted: 5/2/2013 - 02:46

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

My understanding is that you will be fine with getting to the airport, particularly the day after. The only trouble that I had was getting a boat. I had planned on moving between Lembongan and Penida that day, but all boats are off the water.

Visas are $25 on arrival for most nationalities. I did a quick google and came up with this: http://www.embassyofindonesia.org/consular/voa.htm. Based on that, you will be eligible for visa on arrival.

#2 Posted: 5/2/2013 - 03:59

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

No problem with Nyepi as you're talking about the day after Nyepi.

Danes are eligible for VOA so no problems there either.

Have fun!

#3 Posted: 5/2/2013 - 20:28

• mooball

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2010
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 132

Yep, visa on arrival. $25, pay by credit card, USD, Euro.

#4 Posted: 6/2/2013 - 06:32

• AjaPapaya

Joined Travelfish
    5th February, 2013

Thanks for all your answers!

Any recommendations on how to spend Nyepi? Is it best to get your own place (maybe a small villa?), so you can keep indoor and out of the way without being locked inside a dark hotel room? :)

#5 Posted: 6/2/2013 - 12:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.