Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Indonesia weather Feb/March - Worth going?

• StephJayne1-

Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2011

Hi Guys,

Need a bit of advice about the weather situ in Bali/Lombok/Gili Islands at end of Feb/beginning of March. I've been doing a bit of research and understand that this is rainy season over there. I'm hoping somebody can tell me if it really is a complete washout over there, of weather it's just a few hours of passing rain every day, still with some sunshine to enjoy the beaches?

I've only got a couple of weeks left, so obviously want to make the most of it, is Indonesia still worth checking out, or am I better off looking at somewhere like the Philippines, or potentially another area of Indo?

Any help you can give is much appreciated - I'm struggling with a shitty wifi connection here so researching myself is proving to be a bit tricky!

#1 Posted: 22/2/2013 - 22:54

• Advertisement

• bk1717cb

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2013
    Location Indonesia

in March, weather shud be fine in Bali and Lombok. Only in Sumatera and Java island it will be raining a lot during Jan- March.
    If you want to go to Bali, I'd recommend you to visit Menjangan island, and stay for 2 days at Mimpi Resort. It's a very nice place, you can choose to snorkel, dive or do the jungle trek there....

from Bali, you can go to Lombok using the ferry boat. Gili islands are very beautiful, and if you like to party, then you can stay at Gili Trawangan.
    From there, you can rent a boat to tour the nearby Gili Air and Gili Meno islands. The underwater view at Gili Air is very beautiful, so don't miss the fun there :)

#2 Posted: 23/2/2013 - 05:54

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I'm in Bali at the moment and the last two days have had a bit of rain and a lot of wind -- today is glorious. We're at the tail-end of the wet season, so that's a typical weather range for this time of year. In March expect even less rain.

#3 Posted: 25/2/2013 - 18:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.