Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

One month in Indonesia sample itinerary.

• AshNav

Joined Travelfish
    19th March, 2013

My boyfriend and I will be in Indonesia from August 1st until September 1st for the first time (SO EXCITED!!) We want to see as much as we can while we are there. We are not on a tight budget but would prefer economy options where possible. We would like to see as much of Indonesia as possible. We would like to do some scuba diving (Raja Ampat? Any other suggestions?), Jungle Trekking to see the Orangs, Bali to do some beach lounging, Irian Jaya to see the Dani tribe, temples, Komodo...I'd be open to any other suggestions. I know I'm all over the place and this is REALLY stretching my time but if anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it! Thanks and I hope to hear from you guys! We will be flying into Jakarta. One more thing I just remembered we will be arriving during the last few days of Ramadan (I believe it ends on the 7th) so my question to you all is how will this affect our travels and what should we expect?

#1 Posted: 24/3/2013 - 21:50

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

A couple of thoughts:

1) A month in Indonesia doesn't go far
    2) I'd do your diving in Komodo/Flores rather than Raja Ampat as will cost a fraction of the money and is arguably better in Komodo
    3) Orangutangs you've got either Sumatra or Kalimantan to choose from, Sumatra is the easier option.

With a month, flying into Jakarta , you could fly up to Sumatra or to Kalimantan for the monkey business, that's five days gone, back to Jakarta then either fly to Bali or train to Yogyakarta (for boroburdur) then overland via Bromo -- if the latter, allow a week.

Bali for the beach/party fix (5-days to a week) then head to Lombok, a few days on the Gilis, get a Pernama tour (lots of operators, this is just a popular one) for the boat trip that goes via Sumbawa to Flores. Dive to your hearts content, then Labuan Bajo (Flores) for flight back to Jakarta (via Bali) and out.

Further reading:
    Meet Flores
    Highlights of Java
    Which Gili is right for you?
    Java 1 week itiinerary

Cheers from a scaldingly hot Labuan Bajo!

#2 Posted: 30/3/2013 - 02:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Indonesia one-month-itinerary ... By arcticsounds on 26 Feb 2014 11 2715 25 Apr 2014
a month in Indonesia - ideal itinerary? ... By travelinchen on 19 Mar 2011 41 28085 12 Jul 2011
sample itinerary for 5-6weeks ... By davemurt on 20 Dec 2011 2 1786 20 Dec 2011
Sample Vietnam motorbike itinerary ... By Deanidge on 6 Aug 2009 45 17504 23 Jan 2013