Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Accommodation in Sumatra

• lumbanraja

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm planing a Sumatra round trip with a friend for June. We're planning to start in Aceh (P. Weh) and therefrom moving southwards. At Weh we wonna stay in Ipoh for a few days. The next would be Bukit Lawang. I was there already 10 Years ago, but I've heared after the flood it has changed a bit there.
    Is there any reccomendation for some nice rooms or bungalows there? I love it a bit rustic and wooden...

After that, we're planning to go to Lake Toba for a week or so. I've found that hotel on the web: http://www.tuktuktimbul.com
    It looks nice so far, but has anyone been there before and state me his experience?

After that, we're heading for Bukittinggi and Lake Maninjau. Here we'd like to stay at Bayua Beach Inn, if it is still a good option these days...

Tanxx for your help

Chris

#1 Posted: 1/4/2013 - 04:44

• Advertisement

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

THINK! At least state budget or what type of accomm you aim for.
    In these regions tourists are very, very few indeed and MOST (at least 80-90%) of the cheap/budget accomm is NOT online. You simply go there and see whats there. Places may have closed-moved-renamed or wahtever.Save all that time perusing online searching for non-existent links and also quell that enormous fear that any youngee nowadays seems to have- YES there will be room.
    If those places are gone down the slope, there will certainly be an alternative just round the corner.

#2 Posted: 1/4/2013 - 07:34

• jamesonaugu-
    st

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2013

With its central location, Ceria Hotel is among easy reach of most tourist attractions and business addresses in Jambi. The Ceria Hotel boasts a convenient location with fashionable amenities in every guestroom and excellent service.

#3 Posted: 30/4/2013 - 09:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.