Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Yogyakarta to Pangandaran

• kaliixx

Joined Travelfish
    22nd February, 2013
    Location Canada

Hey everyone!

I've heard about a minibus that goes directly from Yogya to Pangandaran. Has anyone taken it or can confirm it exists? I think I would rather this direct trip then a train to Banjar then a bus down to Pangandaran.

#1 Posted: 20/4/2013 - 15:23

• Advertisement

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

yes, Ive done that route-years+more ago. NEITher of your 2 options do exist, though.the way that any tourist goes is via (mini-or midi) bus to a port, then by a nice boatride for some 3-4 hrs.+short bus other side. Youve clearly not yet been into Yogya-or for that matter Indo, as if yes, you would have noted that silly Qs like yours are totally superfluous- at every corner and in between here is some agent offering it all+much more.
    Youve likely also never yet sat in a Perumka kereta api, and there is NO bus from Banjar either. But this is Java/Indo- there is always some other form of publ. transport- just learn the lingo and ask, ask again-and not at a taxidriver.
    ANY uptodate travelguidebook (those paper things so dispised or unknown to todays www-mindsetters) have all that info too.
    Ada bas umum ke (abc)? TIDAK! Apa ada? Dimana ada stasyon atau terminal?

#2 Posted: 21/4/2013 - 06:32

• kaliixx

Joined Travelfish
    22nd February, 2013
    Location Canada

You only speak in gibberish. I was going on the advice given here on this website to get from Yogyakarta to Pangandaran. I understand that might be out of date which is why I'm here asking.

#3 Posted: 21/4/2013 - 09:31

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Ignore him. He's an unhelpful git (to be polite) who does nothing but condescend to anyone and everyone. It would be beneath him to actually help out with some practical, friendly advice.

There are plenty of other helpful posters where. (Unfortunately I can't help with your specific question, but I'm sure others will soon. You can always track mooball down (a regular TF poster/writer who lives in Java, I think) and see what he knows.

#4 Posted: 21/4/2013 - 15:57

• mooball

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2010
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 132

OK, I don't know anything about the minibus from Yogya to Pangandaran. Maybe they have a "travel" service which is used by locals more than tourists. Most people will just catch the train to Banjar or another station whose name escapes me. Whatever the case, captainbkk is wrong. Banjar is a major transit point and has a large bus station with lots of buses heading in all directions including Pangandaran. You can find local buses and buses which are swinging through on their way from Bandung and Jakarta.

My advice is just to catch a train to Banjar and catch a bus. You'll need to get a taxi of ojek from the train station to bus station - 1 or 2km. It's an easy trip.

#5 Posted: 15/5/2013 - 06:29

• kaliixx

Joined Travelfish
    22nd February, 2013
    Location Canada

Thank you so much! I was beginning to worry :)

#6 Posted: 18/5/2013 - 09:25

• VioPutri

Joined Travelfish
    15th June, 2013

I'm Yogyanian. Just take a train from Yogyakarta to Bandung (schedule usual in early morning from Yogyakarta), better if U dont using executive train but just take bisnis (business) or ekonomi (economy) class, so U can turn off in Banjar (Banjarsari) station, coz executive train not stop in Banjar.
    u dont need to got to bus station to get a bus to Pangandaran, but U can get a bus near highway Banjar to Pangandaran, price less than US $ 2.00 (± IDR 15,000). BTW, dont take taxicap from Banjar to Pangandaran! too expensive guys agd.png

#7 Posted: 15/6/2013 - 09:11

• kaliixx

Joined Travelfish
    22nd February, 2013
    Location Canada

Thank you VioPutri! :)

#8 Posted: 25/6/2013 - 16:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.