Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

One month stay around Bali

• Memona

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2013

Posted from within Vietnam.

I'm looking to stay put in one place for a month in Bali before heading back to europe so i need to get a bunch of work done while still having access to fun on the weekends :)

Any suggestions of places in Bali or Lombok that are good and reasonably priced for someone to stay where there are enough people that I don't get bored/lonely. Internet being a priority as always. And being near the beach would make it perfect.... hopefully not too tall of an order!

Thanks

#1 Posted: 11/5/2013 - 01:46

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I reckon Sanur is a good compromise - nice not over the top beach area, lotsa people (predominantly mainstream travellers but in a month you will find where others congregate) plenty of accommodation/shopping/bars, not far from airport or Kuta area, good base to see other island areas.

I personally would spend a month on the Bukit pensinsula - a cheap room in one of the surfers' warungs on the cliffside at Bingin appeals - no shortage of surfers, backpackers and these days mainstream travellers to talk to. Close to airport but access to other island areas not as good.

#2 Posted: 12/5/2013 - 18:19

• Memona

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2013

Thanks Tezza. Bukit did look appealing. was thinking about Amed area for a bit quieter, more local feel or is that not a good idea?

#3 Posted: 12/5/2013 - 23:27

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Amed is sweet - actually heading back there for a few days in a few weeks. Definitely a more local feel than Sanur or the Bukit.
    Note black sand beaches but water good, snorkelling okay, diving supposed to be very good. Was pretty quiet last time I visited but that was several years ago and I gather there are a lot more accommodation places, restaurants now. So more people to interact with although I gather it is still one of the more laid back areas.
    The area is actually a series of small villages along a stretch of coast, separated by steep headlands etc. Bit isolated from most of Bali but with a hire moto you will have plenty of time to tour the relatively near north east rice fields, water palace area and northern east coast towns like Candi Dasa and Padangbai, each worth-while.

#4 Posted: 13/5/2013 - 01:29

• Memona

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2013

thanks again. It sounds great. Will definitely keep it on my list. Seems to a fair share of places to stay although I have no idea what it was like before.

#5 Posted: 13/5/2013 - 02:24

• Vionaldy

Joined Travelfish
    13th July, 2013

Hai all.. i'm looking for travel companion in Bali.
    I'm M 29 y o and i come with 4 friends and i stay in Kuta Bali 24-30 july 2013.

#6 Posted: 13/7/2013 - 14:50

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Hey Vionaldy, there's no need to post on every thread in the Indo forum! If you're looking for travel buddies than you just need ONE post in the Companions section - which you've done.

Also - you need to enable your Private Messaging if you want people to contact you.

#7 Posted: 13/7/2013 - 15:16

• Vionaldy

Joined Travelfish
    13th July, 2013

Thanks for your concern.
    Okay i will follow your advice.

#8 Posted: 13/7/2013 - 23:12

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.