Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Labuan bajo (flores) day trips

• Derek57

Joined Travelfish
    8th December, 2010

I'm gonna to visit labuan bajo on flores shortly where I'll visit komodo and do some diving trips. My wife doesn't dive however, and word is that LB isn't too charming of a town and doesn't have A beach. Does anyone know of any good day trip/companies that wouldn't be komodo or diving? I'm sure it would be easy to schedule there, but we arrive late and I'd like to pre book.

Thanks,
    Derek

#1 Posted: 26/5/2013 - 02:38

• Advertisement

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

I haven't been in Labuan Bajo for quite a few years so I don't know if it's still possible to do this, but if you speak a little bahasa you could try wandering down to the pier and arrange something with one of the boat captains hanging about there. We did several day trips like that. There are quite a lot of small uninhabited islands near LB and there was some good snorkeling off their beaches. Take a picnic and plenty of water with you and don't forget sunscreen/hat because there wasn't much shade on most of them if I remember right. I expect the dive shops in town could arrange non diving day trips too if you ask.

Somtam was in LB recently. Here's a link to his blog posts if you haven't already read them.

http://www.travelfish.org/blogs/indonesia/category/flores/

#2 Posted: 4/6/2013 - 12:41

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

There is a quite pretty beach north of Labuan Bajo - has Eden Beach Bungalows on it. Is ten minutes from LBJ by boat. There's also day trips to some of the closer islands you could do as a day trip. Lastly there is a waterfall about an hour from town (name escapes me sorry) I didn't go there but travellers who I talked to said it was a fair half day trip - road apparently motorbike only.

LBJ isn't anything flash, but does have some excellent eating and places like the fish market interesting for a poke around.

Cheets

#3 Posted: 4/6/2013 - 20:01

• afron

Click here to learn more about afron
    Joined Travelfish
    3rd August, 2013
    Location Austria

For another nice day trip, check out the Istana Ular, the snake cave:

http://floresexplore.com/snake-palace-cave-unique-snakes-of-west-flores-inland-near-lembor.html

(not advertising this tour operator, which I don't know; link posted just for the photos)

#4 Posted: 3/8/2013 - 21:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.