Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

10 days Indonesia incl. diving?

• wanderingir-
    ish

Joined Travelfish
    11th April, 2012

Hi all,

I'm going out to Singapore with work for a week at the end of August and hoping to manage a trip to Indonesia at the end of it. I haven't booked flights yet but I am thinking approx. 10 days.

I'm not a mad beach person, but would quite like to get a day or two's diving in while I am out - maybe in two different locations? I've heard there is some wreck diving, which I think would be really cool to try. Other than that. I am pretty flexible about what I do and where I go, and feeling a little overwhelmed as a result!

I'd really appreciate if anyone had recommendations for where I could think about going? Is trying to visit two separate dive sites (and do other things as well) in 10 days unreasonable?

Thanks so much for your help!

#1 Posted: 2/7/2013 - 17:13

• Advertisement

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

With just ten days why not just head to Bali? Easy to get to with a variety of things to see and do, including wreck diving. For a change of scenery and other dive sites you could hop over to Nusa Lembongan without wasting too much time on transport. TF has quite a lot of information about both these places if you do a search.

#2 Posted: 5/7/2013 - 02:05

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

All this from someone who doesn't dive: :-)

The primary wreck dive on Bali is at Tulamben on the north coast. There is a second, far smaller wreck at one of the bays at Amed -- you can snorkle that one. The best diving though is arguably at Menjangan Island near Pemuteran in far west Bali where there is a massive coral garden and an impressive dropoff - no wreck tho.

With ten days you could easily visit two of these spots -- I'd recommend Tulamben and Menjangan and in between see some of the rest of Bali -- perhaps Belugul and Munduk (on the way to Menjangan) or Tirtta Gangga and Sidemen (on the way to Amed/Tulamben).

As SBE suggests you could also skip over to Lembongan, but you'll lose a bit of time in travel time and the diving is (supposedly) better on Bali anyways.

Hope that helps.

#3 Posted: 6/7/2013 - 09:48

• wanderingir-
    ish

Joined Travelfish
    11th April, 2012

Thank you both very much for the suggestions.

I think I was finding the vast number of options a little overwhelming but your itineraries have been excellent in helping to identify a reasonable amount to target :)

I'll let you know how I get on and thanks again for the help!

#4 Posted: 9/7/2013 - 12:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Diving in Indonesia ... By bradmcfc81 on 28 Jul 2010 15 3913 24 Sep 2011