Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Bali to Ijen and Bromo

Posted by screamin on 8/7/2013 at 02:50

I will be in Bali later in the year and thinking of doing a trip to Java on a tight budget. I have read I can catch a bus from Denpasar Ubung bus terminal to Gilimanuk and take the ferry to Java. Once I reach Java I want to head toward Ijen then onto Mt Bromo what is the best means of transport between the two and what kind of costs will I be looking at.
Does the train go anywhere near either of these two places.

Thanx

#1 screamin has been a member since 5/1/2011. Location: Australia. Posts: 10
 Where has screamin been?   Website   Google+   Instagram 

Posted by ijenminertour on 10/7/2013 at 03:36

Hi,,,
Train Banyuwangi - Probolinggo available at 12.30 pm, it is economic train and the only possible for you to catch up.
Cost around 15,000 IDR / person.

Note :
Considering you will arrive at Probolinggo around 7 pm and there will no public transport at this time available to send you to Cemara Lawang area.
There will be locals offering you some transport and accomodation, of course it will be high price practice there.

Thanks
Ganda (ijenminertour)

#2 ijenminertour has been a member since 10/7/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by captainbkk on 10/7/2013 at 06:14

you should have read a little further in that guidebook.
By FAR the better/easier and [possibly even cheaper] way is a direct BAS EKSPRES from the very same DPS Terminal bas toward Surabaya/Malang and step off at Probolinggo-there are daytime and nighttime buses. Food+drink incl. no hassle with ferry or other misplaces guides.But if you really have to worry about Indo transpo-fares, then you'd better stay home and save another year. Your drinking alone in Bali will cost you loads more.

#3 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by screamin on 10/7/2013 at 22:41

Thanx for the info guys .

captainbkk do you know how much the express bus is or is there a link to a web site. I did a google search and I didn't get much info.

#4 screamin has been a member since 5/1/2011. Location: Australia. Posts: 10
 Where has screamin been?   Website   Google+   Instagram 

Posted by tyler on 12/7/2013 at 23:59

"But if you really have to worry about Indo transpo-fares, then you'd better stay home and save another year"
No sh&t.

#5 tyler has been a member since 7/12/2010. Location: Canada. Posts: 257
 Where has tyler been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.