Indonesia forum

Bali to Ijen and Bromo

• screamin

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2011
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 36

I will be in Bali later in the year and thinking of doing a trip to Java on a tight budget. I have read I can catch a bus from Denpasar Ubung bus terminal to Gilimanuk and take the ferry to Java. Once I reach Java I want to head toward Ijen then onto Mt Bromo what is the best means of transport between the two and what kind of costs will I be looking at.
    Does the train go anywhere near either of these two places.

Thanx

#1 Posted: 8/7/2013 - 02:50

• Advertisement

• ijenminerto-
    ur

Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2013

Hi,,,
    Train Banyuwangi - Probolinggo available at 12.30 pm, it is economic train and the only possible for you to catch up.
    Cost around 15,000 IDR / person.

Note :
    Considering you will arrive at Probolinggo around 7 pm and there will no public transport at this time available to send you to Cemara Lawang area.
    There will be locals offering you some transport and accomodation, of course it will be high price practice there.

Thanks
    Ganda (ijenminertour)

#2 Posted: 10/7/2013 - 03:36

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

you should have read a little further in that guidebook.
    By FAR the better/easier and [possibly even cheaper] way is a direct BAS EKSPRES from the very same DPS Terminal bas toward Surabaya/Malang and step off at Probolinggo-there are daytime and nighttime buses. Food+drink incl. no hassle with ferry or other misplaces guides.But if you really have to worry about Indo transpo-fares, then you'd better stay home and save another year. Your drinking alone in Bali will cost you loads more.

#3 Posted: 10/7/2013 - 06:14

• screamin

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2011
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 36

Thanx for the info guys .

captainbkk do you know how much the express bus is or is there a link to a web site. I did a google search and I didn't get much info.

#4 Posted: 10/7/2013 - 22:41

• tyler

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2010
    Location Canada

"But if you really have to worry about Indo transpo-fares, then you'd better stay home and save another year"
    No sh&t.

#5 Posted: 12/7/2013 - 23:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Going back from Bromo to Bali ... By bennyherlanda on 10 Feb 2012 0 882 10 Feb 2012
Bali to Gunung Bromo?! ... By HollyN on 20 Sep 2012 2 1509 21 Sep 2012
Has anyone done the Yogi-Bromo-Bali tour?? ... By douluvme49 on 30 Sep 2011 0 1432 30 Sep 2011
Yogya-Bromo-Bali -- travel advice? ... By travelinchen on 1 Aug 2011 6 5389 26 Dec 2011
Would it be dumb to do Yogya --> Bromo --> Bali independently? ... By HeHeLOL5 on 6 May 2013 14 6637 21 Sep 2013