Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

BALI HONEYMOON 3 weeks

• garrithv

Joined Travelfish
    30th June, 2010

hi,

Im planning a honeymoon from 8dec-28 dec.

so far we are looking at Bali because we don't want to travel too much and there are many places
    to visit on the island.
    we are looking for mostly close to or on the beach places, very relaxed vibe.
    good views, lounging around. not apposed to doing day trips to view some sites.
    if there is some snorkelling that would be good.
    we have done Thailand 3 times and hong kong. in Thailand it was samui/phanghan/toa.
    loved toa and Cookies Salad on Phangan.

we were thinking 3 areas , 1 per week but open to suggestions.?
    is December too busy or are walk ins possible or do we book?
    Is December good time weather wise, i see conflicting info?
    Accomodation that is simple but also looking at some luxury places for a few nights, Spas etc.
    any example accommodation that we can look at would be appreciated.
    Budget, well we I was looking at around $100 a day for the 2 of us with food,accom,local travel so flights excluded.
    so basically $2100 for 21 days.
    Best places to stay, villas,hotels, homestays?

i am coming from South Africa, i have 2 flights options. SA - HKG - Bali , or with Emirates to Jakarta then local airline
    from Jakarta to Bali. the second has a good saving on it and I was wondering which local airlines to stay clear from and where to stay in Jakarta for the overnight portion?

roughly I was thinking something like Sanur/Amed/Menjangan... Ubud and Jimbaran also options?
    having said all that she wants pos card views with cocktails and lounging... so another island or SEA destination?
    i think that covers it.
    thank you.

#1 Posted: 21/7/2013 - 11:39

• Advertisement

• Brute

Joined Travelfish
    16th December, 2012

I believe December is the rainy season in Bali. I was there in late January before which was nice, only a little rain late in the day and usually not lasting long. The rainy season also brings less crowds and lower prices. I really enjoyed Bali and everything's quite close so you can move easy. I'd avoid kuta if I was you, do the loop and rent some scooters. Loviina was surprisingly cheap and very nice. Your budget will allow you to stay u. Pretty nice places. Good luck

#2 Posted: 21/7/2013 - 13:12

• garrithv

Joined Travelfish
    30th June, 2010

well that's not good. : ) , how much rain are we talking?

#3 Posted: 21/7/2013 - 15:09

• Brute

Joined Travelfish
    16th December, 2012

It says 13 days and 90mm is the average. I personally wouldn't worry about it that much, it might be a couple quick storm here and there w
    It's a day or 2 of torrential rain. That's what I had. It brings benefits with it like I mentioned earlier as well as the weather is still warm, but much more bearable. I was gonna head to Bali that same time this year but I've been before so South America won that argument.

#4 Posted: 21/7/2013 - 15:20

• garrithv

Joined Travelfish
    30th June, 2010

thanks, any suggestions on accommodation?
    trying to keep it reasonably priced with at least 1 luxury place with views and service.

#5 Posted: 22/7/2013 - 04:50

• Brute

Joined Travelfish
    16th December, 2012

I can't remember the names exactly, but to get around Bali you will most likely rent a scooter or hire a taxi/private shuttle. Most of the places outside of kuta are fairly decent and reasonable priced. Just have your driver show you a couple until you find a good one. Little vague but remember the journey is often better than the destination.

#6 Posted: 22/7/2013 - 11:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Honeymoon in Bali -- 2.5 Weeks ... By Obrad on 28 Apr 2011 3 2620 13 Jul 2011
Honeymoon itenerary thailand and bali ... By sackling on 7 Aug 2014 0 341 7 Aug 2014