Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Best budget accommodation on Amed, Bali?

• Arigato9

Joined Travelfish
    26th May, 2011

Hi guys!

Heading over to Bali from Java on Saturday and I am headed to Amed. Any of you kind people know of some great budget accommodation (under 150,000 rupiah, $15 US) a night or close to it? I am planning on staying on jemeluk but open to suggestions.

Happy days!

Brien

#1 Posted: 1/8/2013 - 03:27

• Advertisement

• comtam3000

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2014
    Location United States

I realize the date has passed but I'm also curious about budget accommodation in Amed. I was there about 10 days ago and while driving through the Jemeluk inner town area I did see signs posted for homestays that were inland a bit. These might be cheaper. Anyone know of a cheap place to stay solo in Amed?

#2 Posted: 30/7/2014 - 22:18

• ClaudioBali

Joined Travelfish
    30th July, 2014
    Location Indonesia

I guys,
    dont want to spam or anything.

Just thought, since you are all looking, that we have written a couple of nice articles on Amed that I hope you might find useful.
    http://www.inbali.org/things-to-do-in-amed/

@Comtam, have a look at this. you will also find a nice place to stay ... and cheap.
    http://www.inbali.org/weekending-amed-balis-best-kept-secret-fishing-village/

#3 Posted: 30/7/2014 - 23:17

• comtam3000

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2014
    Location United States

Thanks for that link @ClaudioBali. Do you know if where the bus drops me will be in the heart of Amed where Hoki homestay is for example? I'm not sure the exact name of the village where I remember seeing all the homestays, but I'm hoping that the bus drops me fairly close...

#4 Posted: 31/7/2014 - 01:39

• comtam3000

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2014
    Location United States

The shuttlebus that I took ended up dropping me directly in front of Hoky homestay in the main Amed village, for anyone wondering the same question. I'm staying across the street from Hoky at Kadek Homestay for 150,000 IDR/night. Hoky was 180,000/night, and I like Kadek a lot more, I have a direct view of the ocean.

#5 Posted: 1/8/2014 - 07:49

• tripster

Joined Travelfish
    1st August, 2014
    Location Singapore
    Places visited:
    At least 25

Try Hotel Amed (www.amedcafe.com). I stayed there last year and it was cheap but don't know about the current rates.

#6 Posted: 1/8/2014 - 14:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.