Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

60 day Visa from Uk for Indonesia - Obligation to return from employer?

• miller24

Joined Travelfish
    14th August, 2013

Afternoon,

Me and my fiance are embarking on a 1 year honeymoon kicking off in Asia for 6 months and have jacked in the day jobs and brushing off the backpacks and filling out the copious amounts of visa paperwork.

We are obtaining 60 day visa from the Indonesian embassy in London and one of the visa required requirements (point eight) states that a letter is required from applicants employer to show an obligation to return. As we have recently quit our jobs this is not applicable, is this really a necessary in order to obtain a visa? Just wanted to get this verified before I make a trip to the embassy!

We also cant show proof of departure as plan to do this overland, has anyone had any issues with this?

Advise appreciated!

Sonia

#1 Posted: 14/8/2013 - 08:51

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
do i need a return flight for indonesia? ... By sallyissxc on 15 Feb 2011 18 8192 20 May 2014