Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

One-way renting of a car in Indonesia?

• cloud

Joined Travelfish
    19th September, 2010

I considered one-way renting of a car, ie, picking one at Jakarta and returning it to Denpasar. I checked car rent websites but they did not show available cars but showed a message, "Cars meeting your requirements are not available." I tried the search several times with different dates but the results were the same.

Is one-way car renting is not available in Indonesia?

#1 Posted: 12/9/2013 - 11:06

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I've never heard of that type of thing being available here - generally you need to return it to wherever you got it -- that works well in Bali - though not for what you're suggesting. - I'd suggest contacting a travel agent in Jakarta directly and see what they say.

#2 Posted: 12/9/2013 - 21:48

• cloud

Joined Travelfish
    19th September, 2010

somtam2000, your quick reply is very helpful to me in setting up my plan and appreciated.

#3 Posted: 12/9/2013 - 23:42

• sheron786

Joined Travelfish
    13th September, 2013

Check out website of Indonesia Rental Car Group, that might help you.

#4 Posted: 13/9/2013 - 07:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Searching for (really) affordable villa renting in Indonesia for July ... By augustinparis on 6 Apr 2010 2 2033 28 Apr 2010