Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

8 days in Bali!

• Niriksha2013

Joined Travelfish
    15th September, 2013

I am travelling to Bali with my 75 year old mum in the first week of November 2013.
    I have planned 3 nights at Ubud, One at Sidemen and 3 in suraberata, Tabanan .
    I am looking for an itinerary that is not too hard on my mum's knees!
    At the same time, don't want to miss out the good stuff.Any help would be very welcome!

#1 Posted: 15/9/2013 - 23:56

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi,

Suraberata - do you mean the Balian Beach / Lalang-linggah area? I'd never heard of it so I Googled it and seems to be an alternative name for around there.

Anyways, if that is the area you're headed, I'd consider either dropping Sidemen as it is a very long (like a lot of the day) drive from Sidemen to Balian or reordering it to go something like:

Arrive Bali - head to Sidemen for a night, then Ubud then Balian then back to airport for exit. That way at least you'll break the drive up between the the east- and west- extremes of your trip.

Also, it might be wise to hire a car with driver for the duration - that will give you a lot more mobility and probably be easier on your Mum.

Hope that helps.

#2 Posted: 16/9/2013 - 02:33

• Niriksha2013

Joined Travelfish
    15th September, 2013

That was bang on. Balian it is.
    And many thanks, I am trying to re order the route so as to avoid back and forth between east and west..
    I would also love for you to suggest what sightseeing we could do.. From Sidemen ( ikat?) from UBUD and from Balian.
    I have taken your advice and contacted a taxi for hire. They quote something like USD 60-65/ day. Does that sound right?
    Look forward to hearing from you!

#3 Posted: 16/9/2013 - 05:56

• Niriksha2013

Joined Travelfish
    15th September, 2013

Thanks Lisawong.
    Can you tell me what places are near Suraberata for sightseeing?
    We do not surf or dive .
    Look forward to your reply.

#4 Posted: 1/10/2013 - 00:02

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Sorry, the other posts were spam and have been deleted.

I met a good driver the other day coming back late at night from Ubud.

His day rate started at 500,000 rupiah per day (depending on how far you wanted to drive etc). Good car, seatbelts and he spoke extremely good English. Could be worth a try -- his name is Kung T: (081) 23978729 and email kungsaga@yahoo.com

Cheers

#5 Posted: 9/10/2013 - 07:29

• Niriksha2013

Joined Travelfish
    15th September, 2013

Thank you!
    I have set up with a driver who seems to be good. But I will keep Mr Kung's number with me.
    Cheers!

#6 Posted: 9/10/2013 - 23:51

• MellisaTurn-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    16th March, 2013

There are many things that you should see when heading to Bali. There are loads of temples of which Gunung Kawi. In Tanah Lot Bali, you can see the villas. You can also witness one of Bali's best Sunset Scene.If you love the beach then the beaches in south Bali are fabulous.Must food to eat is of course Balinese food and best place to experiment is at local warungs (restaurants) where you can find dozen or more dishes.

#7 Posted: 10/10/2013 - 06:56

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.