Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

US cellphone in Indonesia??

• pirmelenge

Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2013

Hello All!

I have a random question - I need to send a text message with my US cellphone to an Indonesian cellphone while I'm in Indonesia. So US mobile to Indonesian mobile within Indonesia. Does anyone know the codes I'll need to type in before the Indonesian number? I'll be in West Java, if that helps.

Thank you!

#1 Posted: 25/10/2013 - 18:19

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Well 62 is the IDD code for Indonesia but I'm not sure if you'd need to use it. Assuming you're on international roaming with a US sim card you may just need to use the local number.

So say the Indonesian number is 0813 1234 5678 then I'd try 6281312345678 and if that doesn't work, try without the 62. Easiest way to test would be to see what you need to use to call a number (hang up before they answer) and use that format to send the sms.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 25/10/2013 - 18:58

• pirmelenge

Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2013

Great thank you so much for your help! I'll try it!

Also, do you drop the zero before dialing the Indonesian number?

#3 Posted: 26/10/2013 - 16:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.