Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

new to travelling!!

• nontravelgi-
    rl

Joined Travelfish
    3rd December, 2013

hi me and 2 of my other girl friends are looking to travel Indonesia and are new to the back packing lifestyle!!

we are looking to see the culture and beaches yet see the cities as well.
    would any one be able to help me with an itinerary which would suit 3 girls that are looking to explore Indonesia with a very tight budget and a time limit of only 25 days!? and how much aprrox i would need?
    :) :)

#1 Posted: 3/12/2013 - 14:53

• Advertisement

• Sugaluhlang

Click here to learn more about Sugaluhlang
    Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2014
    Location Indonesia

Hi All

All of you can see of two dominated of cultures when you come here of Java island its Sundanese & Javanese's cultures, except a minor can see when you are already come arrived in Jakarta its available of Betawi culture. The Sundanese's cultures can see in big cities such in Serang, Banten Province or in Bogor , West Java Province else in Bandung, West Java Province. The others Sundanese's culture also can see in small cities still in West Java Province such in Garut, Tasikmalaya, or Ciamis. The first beaches can see at western top of Java island. Its can see in Anyer beach, at Anyer, Banten Province or at beautiful inhabited beaches like in Ujung Kulon & Panaitan island are still located in Banten Province. The second beaches at mid-west of Java island can see at Cimaja & Palabuhan Ratu beaches located in Sukabumi, West Java is near from Bogor city. If you're an expert surfers can play there in Cimaja beach. The third beaches is Pananjung beach, Pasir putih beach, and beautiful of Batu Karas beach are located in Pangandaran, West Java is the nearest one from my hometown about 91 km south from heart a city of Ciamis, West Java. If you're an amateurs can play there in Batu karas beach, is a quite place one and clean one where is lot of foreign / international tourists were came. If like another tourists destination such see a beautiful of mountains is in Gunung Gede Pangrango in Bogor, West Java. Gunung Tangkuban Parahu in Bandung/Subang, West Java. Gunung Papandayan in Garut, West Java. Gunung Galunggung in Tasikmalaya, West Java. Down hill of Gunung Sawal in Ciamis, West Java. Gunung Ciremai in Kuningan, West Java. Anothers beautiful places are the rivers/green valley, and the legendary one here is Green Canyon at Cijulang river is near from Batu Karas beach, out there you can swim cool at the rivers. But if you want feel the hot of beautiful nature of spring water can go to Ciater in Subang, West Java. Also at Cipanas , located in Garut, West Java. But the nearest one can found at Galunggung hill in Tasikmalaya or at Cipanas in Kuningan, West Java. When you came to Garut don't forget see the beautiful of Cangkuang temple, the lake one is beside of it.

The next trip you will go is central of Java island, there you can see of the Javanese's cultures. You can also see the beautiful of temples such as Borobudur temple in Magelang, Central Java province. Also another is Prambanan temple in Yogyakarta province. Beaches is available around here but you are can not enter or do swimming activity out there. Another of surf spot is available at next of East Java province located at Pacitan beach. The beautiful mountains is available at Dieng mountain in Central Java province, Merapi mountain in Yogyakarta province and Bromo mountain in East Java province. Your next destination is your last beautiful trip is go to eastern of Java island is will come to Bali island, there's you can see of the Balinese's culture. Beside that the rivers and mountain is beautiful to looking around. Found a beaches such Kuta and Sanur, a beautiful sun-bath or swim also surf activity can do. Anything is just ask me or everyone can give another clue for this.
    Have a nice trip!

Sugaluhlang - Traveller Guide

#2 Posted: 29/1/2014 - 06:39

• VelvetCultu-
    re

Click here to learn more about VelvetCulture
    Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2013
    Location United States
    Places visited:
    At least 32

I just got back from Indonesia. I spent time in both Bali (Sanur/Ubud/Kuta) and Java ( Yogyakarta / Jakarta )
    If you eat local food, such as the delicious Nasi Goreng, you can live off of $10-$15 a day. I stayed in a few different hotels during my stay. I found places for $10-$20 that were decent. On average I spent about $40 a night for a hotel. So $50 a day for hotel and food.
    By train, I traveled from Yogyakarta to Jakarta and I believe it cost me $20. If you need help please feel free to PM me.

#3 Posted: 29/1/2014 - 18:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.