Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

HELP! Where should we go??

Posted by Craigor on 13/12/2013 at 08:25

Hello

We will be ending our trip in Indonesia (honeymoon for my wife and I). Should be there for about 8 days in the beginning of March. Where should we go??

We want somewhere with lots of good food, great snorkelling and swimming and a laid back feel. I need somewhere to just relax and enjoy the end of my trip. Somewhere that has lots of little local places to eat and things to do would be great. We don’t want something so busy and commercialized though, no Starbucks and McDonalds. Sunny skies and blue seas is all we need.

Thanks for the help :-)

C.

#1 Craigor has been a member since 12/12/2013. Posts: 4
 Where has Craigor been? 

Posted by tyler on 13/12/2013 at 14:46

Consider the north of Bali.
Ahmed, Lovina, Pemuteran...rent a car for a few days.
Easy to get in and out of via Denpasar.

#2 tyler has been a member since 7/12/2010. Location: Canada. Posts: 257
 Where has tyler been? 

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/12/2013 at 01:46 admin

Agree with Tyler.

With eight days you could do something like (this isn't a budget loop...):
Arrive -> hire car (with/without driver) head to Candi Dasa overnight. Next day Bali Asli cooking school then Amed. 2-3 days Amed, then driver over the north coast to Kali Manik (a little west of Lovina - eat a LOT) two nights there, then drive to Munduk for a night then back to South Bali for exit.

Above is an unusual route, but a pretty good one.

Further links:
LifeInAmed
Kali Manik
Bali Asli cooking class
Rooms with a view inMunduk

Cheers!

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,507
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by nidyholic on 30/12/2013 at 02:38

gili trawangan (island) perhaps :D

#4 nidyholic has been a member since 30/12/2013. Posts: 1
 Where has nidyholic been? 

Posted by mooball on 14/2/2014 at 22:53 TF writer

My first thought was Amed in Bali. Just go there for the week! Or maybe half a week there and half a week in the mountains around Munduk.

#5 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 431
 Where has mooball been?   Twitter   Google+   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.