Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Visiting Wae Rebo (Flores)

• Harry05

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2007

In the beginning of march I will be travelling on Flores, and was thinking about visiting Wae Rebo (weather permitting). Already asked/looked at some websites but saw some agencies asking steep prices about 3.600.000 Rp for the 3D/2N trekking starting Ruteng , or even 5.200.000 Rp for a solo traveller like me.

Also saw an option going from Ruteng to Denge and overnight there, look for a guide - trek to Wae Rebo and back in one day, next day an early morning Truck from Denge back to Ruteng.

But there also might be trekkings starting (as a group?) from Ruteng, which might be the best option for a solo traveller like me.

Does anyone have a good advice about taking a guide from either Ruteng or Denge (pref. name and phonenumber) including a rough indication of the costs? Any other thoughts about this, recent experiences?

Thanks answering,

Harry

#1 Posted: 13/2/2014 - 04:11

• Advertisement

• Harry05

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2007

Will be in Ruteng at about march 1st or 2nd. If anyone likes to join me and share the costs please contact me on h_haenen@yahoo.com or Ind. phonenr. 082236405938.

#2 Posted: 20/2/2014 - 03:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.