Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Ende - Moni - Ende - Bajawa

• Harry05

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2007

A few questions about the leg Ende - Moni - Ende - Bajawa .

1. Planned arrival by plane at Ende Airport is 14.50 PM, would it be reasonably possible to get to Moni with local transport in the same afternoon? How much time would it take? If not some good advice about staying in Ende (budget accomodation)?

2. Besides visiting Kelimutu, other nice things to see in/around Moni? Good budget accomodation there?

3. After visiting Kelimutu early morning and take my time would it be possible to go from Moni to Bajawa on the same day or rather take a break in Ende? I am not in hurry but I heard/read Ende is not very special?

Thanks answering,

Harry

#1 Posted: 19/2/2014 - 01:43

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Harry,

If you've not seen it already, you may want to take a look at the Flores/Komodo eBook here may be of use.

In answer to your questions:

1) It's around 3 hours from Ende to Moni - absolutely spectacular drive.

2) Moni is a tiny place and all the main digs are along the main road. We stayed at Bintang Lodge, but there are plenty of others. A selection is here. There is a small waterfall worth taking a look at and then it's just ricefield walks and that kinda thing. Very sleepy place.

3) If you've got the time I'd break it at Ende - some good beaches around there - our writer who visited liked it a lot (we skipped through) - but if you want to go straight through to Bajawa, yes can do.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 19/2/2014 - 06:54

• Harry05

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2007

Thanks posting. Great information in the e-book.

#3 Posted: 23/2/2014 - 00:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.