Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Flights to Flores

• darylksr

Joined Travelfish
    16th January, 2009

Trying to fly to Flores preferably Maumere from either Lombok or Bali. Does anyone know which airlines fly there? Or what is the best way to go to Flores from Lombok? Thanks

#1 Posted: 27/2/2014 - 04:47

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Lionair flies from Denpasar to Labuan Bajo and Denpasar to Maumere (with Wings Air) as does Merpati.

I think Merpati also fly from Lombok to Maumere, but I'm not 100% on that.

Lionair
    Merpati

#2 Posted: 1/3/2014 - 03:25

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

IF MP flies, keep your western style ideas with you and only buy ticket when there and have solid info it really goes-Indo's most often do that only when at airport and plane in sight.
    LIONair has a site but its often shaky and a bit cumbersome or unwiling for non-Indo cardholders.
    Overland and sea is possible-via Sumbawa, with some buses even going on the ferries-but will eat a lot of time.

#3 Posted: 2/3/2014 - 02:39

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

I'm in Lombok right now and saw a free tourist newspaper here today that says Merpati suspended all flights on Feb 1st because they couldn't pay their fuel bills. They owe Pertamina 165 billion rupiah. Dunno if they're flying again now but the newspaper thinks Merpati is about to go out of business.

#4 Posted: 2/3/2014 - 05:52

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

IF MP flies, keep your western style ideas with you and only buy ticket when there and have solid info it really goes. Indo's most often do that only when at airport and plane in sight"

And even if you see it, it doesn't mean you're going to get on the plane. I had booked and paid to take a flight from Bandaneira to Ambon. It arrived, but we were told we couldn't board as it was first taking people to another island first, and would then come back for us. It never did. They said there was engine trouble. In reality, there were only 5 people scheduled to go on the plane. They just cancelled it, and left us stranded. Had to wait for the Pelni ship to get out!

It's no wonder they are going out of business...

#5 Posted: 5/3/2014 - 04:05

• chinarocks

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2011

I do believe that is the most coherent (and non-abrasive) post I've ever seen from the captain.

Maybe he's kicked the drink.

#6 Posted: 5/3/2014 - 05:59

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

china - that cracked me up!

#7 Posted: 5/3/2014 - 07:30

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.