Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Bukit Lawang - Tangkahan - Berastagi - Lake Toba (and maybe Bukittingi)

• Harry05

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2007

Hi,

My plan is to go to Sumatra soon and more concrete (coming from Medan) to Bukit Lawang - Tangkahan - Berastagi (not shure if this make sense?) - Lake Toba and after that maybe Bukittingi and surroundings. About this a few questions:

1. Read I can reach Bukit Lawang same day arriving in the morning from Medan airport, how much time would I need?

2. Coming from Tangkahan I don't have to go back to Bukit Lawang but best is to travel via Medan to Berastagi (maybe just to sleep if it's not possible to visit the surroundings)? Or is it possible to reach Tuk Tuk at the same day?

3. How is the situation in/around Berastagi, does it make sense to go there?

4. From Lake Toba it's quite a distance to Bukittingi, are there any (worthwhile) stops in between or would it be best to return to Medan and take a flight to Padang?

5. Is the route following Bukit Lawang - Tangkahan - Berastagi - Lake Toba (maybe Bukittingi) logical or are there better options?

6. Any other advice about this? Recommendations?

Thanks answering,

Harry

#1 Posted: 2/3/2014 - 03:48

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Lake Toba / Berastagi / Bukit Lawang ... By Sawf35 on 27 Mar 2012 3 3573 7 Dec 2012
Best accommodation Lake Toba ... By fontbleu on 10 May 2012 4 2929 1 Oct 2012
Getting from Lake Toba to Banyuwangi and then on to Bali. ... By Arikara1985 on 11 Apr 2014 4 679 22 Apr 2014
Argh! Traveling to Medan and then Lake Toba BUT... ... By Starving_Sound on 26 Nov 2013 1 703 13 Dec 2013