Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Last week suggestion needed, please!

• Susan

Joined Travelfish
    14th October, 2005

Hello...we will be spending two months in Indonesia starting mid-April...This is our tentative itinerary so far...any suggestions welcome and we are especially looking for a beach suggestion for the last week or 3/4 days that would be easy to get to...not a party scene...

Week 1..Java..Yogyakarta language school and outings
    Week 2 ...Gili Meno and over to Ubud for part of week 2 and 3
    Week 3 ...Kawana with day trips to Rinca and Komodo
    Weeks 4-6 Sulawesi
    Part of a week in Tanjung Puting

And finish up somewhere on the beach...where? We were thinking of Karimunjawa but because of logistics that might be too difficult..maybe back to Gili Meno?

#1 Posted: 12/3/2014 - 18:28

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

That is a lot of ground to cover in six weeks! I'm assuming you are planning on flying all of the legs in between, So I'd suggest a reordering, to go:

1) Java + Yogyakarta overland to
    2) Semarang , fly to Tanjung Puting (Pangkalanbun) with Kalstar return to Semarang
    3) Boat to Karimunjawa and back to Semarang
    4) overland or fly to Bali (for Ubud ) then fly to Makassar
    5) Sulawesi part of trip
    6) Fly back to Bali, boat to Gilis
    7) Trf to Lombok airport, fly to Labuan Bajo
    8) Kanawa - I'd choose between Rinca and Komodo - I wouldn't do both
    9) All done - exit via Bali/Jakarta etc

There is a ferry service from Makassar (and other ports in Sulawesi) to Labuan Bajo, but if the Pelni schedule changes you'll be in trouble.

Just to repeat, that is a hell of a lot of ground to try and cover in six weeks. You could theoretically do all of it by land and ferry, but as I mention above, if a Pelni schedule changes, you'll be in trouble.

In the reordering, I've put it more or less in a geographical order from west to east.

With Tanjung Puting, best to allow two nights there - my better half was there a week or so ago. Enjoyed it but says, two nights better.

Hope that helps.

#2 Posted: 12/3/2014 - 20:44

• Susan

Joined Travelfish
    14th October, 2005

Ah. We will be 6 weeks at the end of Sulawesi. Then the last two weeks. Thank you

#3 Posted: 12/3/2014 - 20:54

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.