Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Afternoon public ferry to Gili Air?

Posted by soomei on 12/3/2014 at 19:58

I'm thinking to take the public ferry from bangsal to Gili Air on my own , for a little bit of adventure and to see for myself how bad is the harbor like. Haha... But I'm a bit worried since my flight is scheduled to reach Lombok airport around 12 noon (assuming no delay), and would probably reach bangsal by 3pm via cab? Anyone can advise if this worth a try for I read that the ferries to Gili Air is lesser than to Gili T. Or do I really need to stay the night at lombok while waiting for the morning ferry? I wanted to get to Gili Air so much!!!! :-*

#1 soomei has been a member since 18/2/2014. Posts: 9
 Where has soomei been? 

Posted by somtam2000 on 12/3/2014 at 20:17 admin

No problem - the boats go whenever there are a few pax - worst case you'll need to charter one. The harbour is pretty straightforward overall.

Cheers

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by savorygal on 13/3/2014 at 09:09

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi Soomei,

you are right in that local boats run less frequently to Gili Air than to Gili T, however, you should be able to get an afternoon boat to Gili Air without a problem. Once you arrive in Bangsal ( you may be dropped off by the taxi about 1 km from the harbor as the bangsal mafia does not allow blue bird taxis to drive into the harbor, but you can easily walk or take a cidomo , horse cart for 10,000 IDR) Once at the harbor go to the ticket office and buy a ticket to GA. On your ticket will be a number, the lower the number the longer you have to wait. Boats depart when there are around 23-25 passengers ( although it may be fewer to GA)

PS the ride from lombok airport to Bangsal shouldn't take longer than 90 minutes.

Have fun!.

#3 savorygal has been a member since 16/7/2010. Posts: 159
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.