Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Afternoon public ferry to Gili Air?

• soomei

Joined Travelfish
    18th February, 2014
    Places visited:
    At least 18

I'm thinking to take the public ferry from bangsal to Gili Air on my own , for a little bit of adventure and to see for myself how bad is the harbor like. Haha... But I'm a bit worried since my flight is scheduled to reach Lombok airport around 12 noon (assuming no delay), and would probably reach bangsal by 3pm via cab? Anyone can advise if this worth a try for I read that the ferries to Gili Air is lesser than to Gili T. Or do I really need to stay the night at lombok while waiting for the morning ferry? I wanted to get to Gili Air so much!!!! :-*

#1 Posted: 12/3/2014 - 19:58

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

No problem - the boats go whenever there are a few pax - worst case you'll need to charter one. The harbour is pretty straightforward overall.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 12/3/2014 - 20:17

• savorygal

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi Soomei,

you are right in that local boats run less frequently to Gili Air than to Gili T, however, you should be able to get an afternoon boat to Gili Air without a problem. Once you arrive in Bangsal ( you may be dropped off by the taxi about 1 km from the harbor as the bangsal mafia does not allow blue bird taxis to drive into the harbor, but you can easily walk or take a cidomo , horse cart for 10,000 IDR) Once at the harbor go to the ticket office and buy a ticket to GA. On your ticket will be a number, the lower the number the longer you have to wait. Boats depart when there are around 23-25 passengers ( although it may be fewer to GA)

PS the ride from lombok airport to Bangsal shouldn't take longer than 90 minutes.

Have fun!.

#3 Posted: 13/3/2014 - 09:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.