Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

30 days east to west Indonesia

• D11xer

Joined Travelfish
    13th March, 2014

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi all,

This is my first post ever!! As you may have guessed I'm in need of help!

I am currently traveling through Vietnam on a clapped out bike. My plans are to hit Cambodia for 2 weeks then either spend one week in Lao or move straight on to Indonesia from Cambodia.

My final location is to be Perth.

Please can you advise me on how to get from either Cambodia or Laos to Indonesia with a 30day itinerary from east to west hitting the main highlights and ending up in Perth (I am adventurous and don't mind trying anything if this helps - the crazier the better).

I will appreciate any replies and if possible a highlighted map of the route (I find it much easier to see a route on a map - I'm a simple sort of person)

Many thanks in advance.

Jonathan

#1 Posted: 13/3/2014 - 20:59

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Jonathan,

West to east probably better as you'll get cheaper flights from Bali to Perth.

Off the top of my head:

Fly ex Laos or Cambodia to Jakarta via Kuala Lumpur then:

Sample outline for one week in Java here or two weeks here

then onto Bali

Sample one week trip and two week trip

Then depending on how long you have left, perhaps the Gili Islands or fly over to Labuan Bajo in Flores for a quick look at Komodo National Park.

The above gives you a mix of cultural sights, volcanoes and beaches. Best to fly some of the legs to save time as overland travel can be quite slow. It's a lot to fit into a month

Hope that helps

#2 Posted: 13/3/2014 - 21:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
East or West - December ... By mark1980 on 14 Jul 2008 1 1769 15 Jul 2008
Southern Islands East or West or Both? ... By HannahC on 20 Sep 2011 5 1587 22 Sep 2011
East or west coast this time of year? ... By sallymaher on 30 Oct 2007 6 3161 1 Nov 2007
Southern Coast of Cambodia West to East ... By bumbly on 16 Feb 2011 3 4036 21 Feb 2011
West or East side of South Thai now ? ... By pittz on 30 Jun 2012 7 2000 9 Jul 2012