28th March, 2014

Hi every one, Is Indonesia is good place for visit in summer holiday

#1 Posted: 28/3/2014 - 06:27

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

By summer I take it you mean the northern hemisphere summer.
    In that case, well sure, Indonesia a great place to visit at that time.
    For a start it aint winter which some may expect having traveled so far south - being so close to the equator, everywhere except high on a volcano will be hot or warm.
    Second, that time of year is dry season in a lot of Indonesia and those areas that are not will almost all be in an intermittent rainfall area rather than in wet season.
    Third, the rupiah has tanked a bit lately. Let's ignore the fact that the Euro should have tanked more - fact is a small bit of your money will go a long way (um, if you are a Brit, a Ruskie or a Yank your currency has already done a dive - but the above "fact is" still applies. If you come from somewhere else where the currency has held up - good for you!)
    Fourth, the geographical spread of Indonesia allows a huge display of many cultures, landscapes etc.

#2 Posted: 28/3/2014 - 19:49

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

Agree with all of tezza's comments above (or those I have any knowledge about re: Rubiah rate). I went in early July and the main tourist throng wasn't totally evident - I hear that late July & August are uber-peak for local travel as they coincide with local holidays. In some ways that is nice as you can meet locals out on holiday as well, you just may need to book some accommodation & travel arrangements in advance. I met a few travelers that had to delay departures via train by a few days because they were unable to get tickets for next day departures from Jakarta. I can vouch that the weather that time of year is splendid.

#3 Posted: 31/3/2014 - 09:13

• tamara_91

Joined Travelfish
    18th March, 2014

I just got some similar questions I've heard about indonesian islands and beaches I've seen it in some movies and etc. in case of honeymoon or something lie that which island can I visit? thank you in advance

#4 Posted: 1/4/2014 - 05:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
General Question ... By martina100011 on 1 Apr 2014 5 785 17 Apr 2014
General Question ... By jackson10001 on 27 Mar 2014 6 1055 26 Jun 2014
Very General Myanmar Question ... By caseyprich on 3 Jan 2014 3 993 8 Jan 2014