Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Bali 17 day itinerary - October/November

• ChristD

Joined Travelfish
    25th January, 2014

Hey guys,

I'm headed out to Bali at the end of October for 17 days and leaving early November. I was hoping for some input on an itinerary for my time there.

I really want to get involved in as many activities as possible (surfing, diving, anything else which you can suggest) while I'm there, as well as seeing all the best sights and the culture. I also want to go across to Lombok at some point then off to the Gili islands. This is going to be my first time travelling and this will be my first stop so I really want to squeeze in as much as possible!

Also, budget wise, is $30 a day a good guide to go by (this is what was suggested by another user here). Can anyone tell me how it is meeting people in Bali as well? I'll be with some friends for a few days but I will go my own way after they leave.

Cheers

#1 Posted: 11/5/2014 - 16:33

• Advertisement

• ChristD

Joined Travelfish
    25th January, 2014

Sorry to bump my own post, but does anyone have any input?

#2 Posted: 3/6/2014 - 16:22

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

I'm flying to Bali in 10 days, and should have some ideas to share with you then.

You may also find that you get more responses to specific questions about things you've researched and opinions on ideas you've developed. Otherwise it can seem like you are just asking people to plan your trip for you.

In the mean time, have a look at the suggested itineraries page here on Travelfish:

http://www.travelfish.org/trip_planner/

If you scroll down, you'll find suggested One Week and Two Week itineraries for Bali. That should at least get you started.

Good luck!

#3 Posted: 3/6/2014 - 17:57

• gdarmaadi

Joined Travelfish
    20th May, 2014

Hi ChristD,
    Glad to hear you to visit Bali,I will be your guide while you spend your time in Bali
    Please keep in touch

Gusti

#4 Posted: 3/6/2014 - 20:30

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

I don't think $30 will be enough if you want to move about a lot and cram in loads of activities like diving, surfing and white water rafting etc.

I find cheap public transport options frustratingly limited on Bali compared to other places in Indo. It starts at Bali airport which is my least favourite airport in all of SE Asia. The airport departure taxes are the highest in Indonesia yet they never seem to have enough immigration staff and the taxi mafia makes sure there are no cheap transport options for arriving passengers to get to their hotels and GHs ...no Damri airport buses or metered Bluebird taxis.

Even when you've escaped the crappy airport, public tourist transport options for getting around Bali are surprisingly limited. Getting to the Gilis won't be a problem but if you want to explore even a little off the beaten track you'll have to hire your own wheels. Hiring a private car with driver is pretty darned expensive, especially if you're travelling alone. Motorbike hire is an option but the traffic is pretty hairy especially in places like Kuta.

Anyway, I'd recommend budgeting at least $50/day.

#5 Posted: 4/6/2014 - 01:49

• ChristD

Joined Travelfish
    25th January, 2014

Thanks for your reply, exacto. I think I should have worded my original post better. I don't want an itinerary as such, I was hoping for some input on maybe where the best places were for Surfing, Diving and all other great activities! I was actually just going to go with the flow when it came to moving around and where I go. The only definites would be the activities.

From what I understand Kuta is a great place for surfing (especially for beginners which is good), but I'm not really too sure about diving. I've seen that Gili T do some diving but are there any other places?

#6 Posted: 4/6/2014 - 12:14

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

You can go diving on the northern coast of Bali (Pemuteran or Amed maybe) - or on Lembongan, a small island off the coast of Bali.

Hey exacto - hope you have a great trip! Be sure to let us know how you get on, what you enjoy, etc.

#7 Posted: 4/6/2014 - 12:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Where to go in october/november? ... By mmm on 15 Mar 2013 -2 2534 17 Mar 2013
Malaysia in October/November ... By skezmyster on 16 May 2013 0 924 16 May 2013
5 weeks in October/November ... By irogulska on 26 May 2013 3 1262 26 May 2013
Trip through North by car in October/November - Want to hop in? ... By RotPickup on 7 Sep 2008 1 1926 8 Sep 2008