Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

help! traveling pregnant with 4 yr old - 11 day Bali itinerary

• BeanieYoda

Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2014

Dear Bali travel experts!

going to Bali in about 2 weeks!
    needing your precious advices for road time and itinerary! we were backpackers but this time 5 months pregnant with a 4 year old on a 11 days Bali exploration, trying to draft here a well-planned realistic route and itinerary, looking for real art and nature, non-touristy non-manmade experience, please advise on road time and let me know what you think! many thanks!

DAY 1 - wake up UBUD arts & crafts, monkey forest temple ( arriving midnight before )
    DAY 2 - a.m. UBUD to Elepant Safari Park Taro ( half hour? by car/shuttle )
    p.m. Elephant Park to AMED ( 1 hour ? by car )
    DAY 3 - AMED beach & snorkeling
    DAY 4 - AMED beach & snorkeling
    DAY 5 - AMED to SAWAN Sudaji OMunity Village ( 1 hour? by car )
    DAY 6 - SAWAN village, rice paddies, festival
    DAY 7 - SAWAN village, waterfall
    DAY 8 - (Sawan to Lovina 20 mins) sunrise Dolphins
    LOVINA to UBUD ( 1.5 hour ? by car ) UBUD arts & crafts
    DAY 9 - UBUD Green School Kids Camp
    DAY 10 - UBUD Green School Kids Camp
    DAY 11 - UBUD a.m. shopping
    p.m. Ubud to ULAWATU ( 1.5 hour? )
    Ulawatu to AIRPORT ( half hour? 1AM night flight departure )

is this too much packed in 11 days? if all the travel time from point to point are within 1-2 hours it should be quite easy right? I want to avoid bumpy roads since I am pregnant, are the roads on my route mostly ok nowadays? I intend to rent drivers from places where I stay, or is it much cheaper to book drivers from Bluebird?
    I am also thinking if I should just go straight to AMED after I land, as my original plan is to land and start right on the beach, but want to avoid the south side touristy beaches, how far is the airport from AMED? ( 2 hours ? at midnight? ) just not sure if it would be too much road time after a 5 hour flight arriving midnight...so I thought Ubud may be easier since it is sort of in the middle before Amed...any other suggestions?
    would you suggest any other interesting spots or alternatives? many thanks for any input !
    G & family

#1 Posted: 21/6/2014 - 01:07

• Advertisement

• mooball

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2010
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 132

Wow, that's a pretty cool itinerary. I think it's just about right in terms of what to do in 11 days. The roads are pretty good in Bali for the most part. The only part I'm unsure of is Sawan... Depends where exactly that is. I'm assuming it's one of those mountainside places. Most of those roads are narrow and windy, but smooth enough at the start. Once you get quite high, some degenerate into goat tracks.

Some of your timings for travel are a bit off such as Ubud to Uluwatu, but not too much.

I would head to Ubud first if arriving around midnight. Even in the middle of the night Amed is going to take more than 2 hours from the airport.

There are generally guys in cars all around the island willing to take you anywhere. Prices start at around 400,000 for a daytrip of about 8 hours. Start adding overtime money after that... In some places you are going to need to negotiate hard to get that price, in other places you will get it even cheaper. Just depends on where you are, how far you want to travel, the type of car etc.

#2 Posted: 24/6/2014 - 05:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
could be pregnant while in Hanoi and bali ... By lindistar on 13 Oct 2011 2 1822 15 Oct 2011