Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Help- 3 week itinerary

• shabrell14

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2014

Hi! I am trying to plan a 3 week trip Mid September-beginning of October, including Bali, Lombok (thinking we want to climb Rinjani) and the Gilli Islands.
    I was thinking we might do 3 nights in Bali, fly to Lombok 1 night, then 2 nights for the hike, another 2 nights on the beach, then maybe 5 nights on the Gilli Islands, and then back to Bali
    We want to have a combo of relaxing on nice beaches, good scuba diving and some cultural sites.
    What do you think of this itinerary? Too ambitious, are we missing things, must see places....
    Also, I am trying to figure out where we should stay in Bali, and which Gilli Island to stay on. We don't need the partying scene!
    Thanks!

#1 Posted: 16/7/2014 - 20:44

• Advertisement

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

if you are OZZie-just stay at the Gilli all the time. There is NO Gilli island without a heavy partyscene.Invest in that old faithful-a guidebook-it still has nice ideas for trips of 1/2/3 weeks etc. PLus that its, I guess, a holiday-do not preplan-there is not any need for that, you just have the wrong mindset if you think you need to prebook any possible sleeping place now-choice a plenty when there and most out of this www-it makes people simply too lazy and deprives them of thinking for themselves.

#2 Posted: 19/7/2014 - 06:09

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

hi shabrell,

we just returned from six nights on Gili Air and thought it was the best all around choice for those islands. i can't really speak for the others because we didn't land on Gili T at all and only spent a few hours on Gili Meno, but we definitely thought Gili Air had a good combination of diving and snorkeling (including quite a bit of good snorkeling and even turtles close to shore), restaurants ( particularly if you like seafood BBQ - we recommend Chill Out), and atmosphere. we didn't think the beaches on Gili Air were all that magic, but there are still good swimming spots in the area near the pier and good beach combing spots in other places around the island. it didn't seem like much of a party scene to us at all, although i imagine you could find that kind of thing if you wanted. one of the fun things about Gili Air was the gelato. there were two different companies with little carts in five or six places each in the busier parts of the island. my wife loves gelato, so we had some at least once each day. other than that, the island is small enough that you can walk all the way around in an hour or so, or make a half day of it stopping at different beaches for a swim or any of the bungalow/restaurants that line the island for a drink and a snack. the horse carts still rule the island, with no motorized transport yet. it makes things seem a bit quieter.

i think our half day snorkeling trip (including that stopover on gili meno) was 100,000. there are several dive shops. as mentioned, bungalows line the beach or you could look into one of the many homestay-style places in the interior.

hopefully that helps at least a little. have fun. cheers.

#3 Posted: 19/7/2014 - 06:36

• awesomeuser-
    name

Joined Travelfish
    16th November, 2013
    Location Switzerland

Hi shabrell14,
    I am from Switzerland and goin Bali in september. Planning to travel around Bali with motorbike,
    then head to Gili T. Drop me a private message, would be fun to meet up.
    Cheers

#4 Posted: 31/7/2014 - 04:53

• tripster

Joined Travelfish
    1st August, 2014
    Location Singapore
    Places visited:
    At least 25

That's a perfect plan. Bali & Lombok is a good combination when you plan your visit to Indonesia.
    Lombok is great with the beaches and Bali is great with the night life so you would get a perfect combination of fun and relaxing vacation.

Cheers.

#5 Posted: 1/8/2014 - 01:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.