Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Advice for Cambodia to Indonesia for beach/jungle

Posted by Debbyc on 9/8/2014 at 20:59

Hi,
Can anyone tell me of this is possible? We are going to Saigon, then Siem Reap. From there, is there somewhere that is a days travel away in Indonesia that would get us to a beach/ jungle setting. Looking for an environmentally responsible place for swimming,birding, fishing, hiking, snorkeling.
Don't want A/C or TV, but don't want a tent or a buggy cabana.
Am I dreaming?

Thank you for any suggestions.

#1 Debbyc has been a member since 9/8/2014. Posts: 3

Posted by mooball on 10/8/2014 at 09:14 TF writer

Easy. Pulau Weh at the northern end of Sumatra. Jungle, beach, snorkel, birds, beach huts. The X-factor is checking to see if flights from Siem Reap match up with flights to Banda Aceh. Just checked. Some flights match up with a 1h 40m change over. Cutting it really fine, but possible if you're not checking luggage.

Other than that, you are going to be struggling. Look at flights to Manado, Bali or Lombok.

#2 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 429
 Where has mooball been?   Twitter   Google+   Instagram 

Posted by Debbyc on 10/8/2014 at 21:29

Thanks! Pulau Weh looks interesting. Where do you change planes?

#3 Debbyc has been a member since 9/8/2014. Posts: 3

Posted by mooball on 10/8/2014 at 22:58 TF writer

In Kuala Lumpur. Well that is the most common place to change planes in southeast Asia because of the regularity and price of Air Asia. I guess there might be flights transiting places like Medan as well, but that would be more difficult to get to from Siem Reap.

#4 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 429

Posted by mooball on 16/8/2014 at 06:32 TF writer

You can fly in to Banda Aceh which is a short boat ride away from Pulau Weh.

#5 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 429

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.