Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Bali??

Posted by TheGoose on 14/4/2009 at 17:17

Just as I need to post a thread in Indonesia, up pops a new forum section for it... magic.

I have 2 weeks in Bali at the beginning of June an was wondering what's best to see and do? I want to visit Kuta, Ubud and a volcano trek, though any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

#1 TheGoose has been a member since 30/1/2009. Posts: 29

Posted by somtam2000 on 14/4/2009 at 18:27 admin

Glad you like the Travelfish magic ;-)

We live in Bali, so p'haps give some more info on what you're interested in (beach/nature/culture etc) and I'll try to make some suggestions.

Cheers

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by exacto on 15/4/2009 at 08:52

Hi Goose,

I loved Bali, particularly Ubud and Kuta beach. But even more than Bali I loved the side trip I took to Lombok island and the few days I spent there.

It has been several years now, so I don't know if this is still the case, but back then I was able to purchase a combo mini-bus/ferry ticket to Lombok for just a very few dollars. Once there, I got this great room right near the beach and spent a few days exploring the island on a motor scooter. Some of the coolest handicrafts I ever bought were from that trip too.

Very shortly after I left Lombok, there were serious riots and violence, but that was many years ago now too, and I imagine it has all completely calmed down.

Hopefully Somtam can give you an idea if the trip to Lombok is still possible and practical or not. If it is, at least that gives you another idea of how to spend part of your two weeks. Have fun and have a Bintang for me. Cheers.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,606
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by TheGoose on 15/4/2009 at 13:19

Thanks for that!

I'm into all 3 - want to see some good beaches, culture and some scenery!

Thanks.

#4 TheGoose has been a member since 30/1/2009. Posts: 29

Posted by thailand_asia on 8/7/2009 at 17:25

when i was on travel tour through bali i visited kuta, sanur, ubud, the vulcanos and tulamben. if you are a scuba diver i can recoment tulamben, there is a realy nice and huge wreck of the second world war (liberty wreck). ubud and sanur was my best and most interesting travel destinations over the sealevel. ubud is realy nice because of the thight forrest and the monkeys, sanur was the for me the best beach on bali in indonesia. i hope you enjoy.
have fun
andre

#5 thailand_asia has been a member since 7/7/2009. Location: Germany. Posts: 37
 Website 

Posted by idreamofdurian on 14/9/2009 at 13:29 TF writer

Hey - if you've got 2 weeks you might want to consider seeing a little more of Indonesia than just Bali. If you're interested in volcanoes you should read about Gunung Bromo on Java -- I was there last month and it's amazing! There's overnight buses and minivans that run there from Bali, so it's easy to add to any itinerary.

#6 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Posted by pdro on 21/7/2010 at 10:26

How much i would spend if I go from Bali to Bromo !? How much is to see the sunrise !? do i have to buy a ticket from Denpasar to Probolinggo !?
thanks

#7 pdro has been a member since 9/6/2010. Posts: 8

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.