Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Bali??

• TheGoose

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2009

Just as I need to post a thread in Indonesia, up pops a new forum section for it... magic.

I have 2 weeks in Bali at the beginning of June an was wondering what's best to see and do? I want to visit Kuta, Ubud and a volcano trek, though any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

#1 Posted: 14/4/2009 - 17:17

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Glad you like the Travelfish magic ;-)

We live in Bali, so p'haps give some more info on what you're interested in (beach/nature/culture etc) and I'll try to make some suggestions.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 14/4/2009 - 18:27

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Hi Goose,

I loved Bali, particularly Ubud and Kuta beach. But even more than Bali I loved the side trip I took to Lombok island and the few days I spent there.

It has been several years now, so I don't know if this is still the case, but back then I was able to purchase a combo mini-bus/ferry ticket to Lombok for just a very few dollars. Once there, I got this great room right near the beach and spent a few days exploring the island on a motor scooter. Some of the coolest handicrafts I ever bought were from that trip too.

Very shortly after I left Lombok, there were serious riots and violence, but that was many years ago now too, and I imagine it has all completely calmed down.

Hopefully Somtam can give you an idea if the trip to Lombok is still possible and practical or not. If it is, at least that gives you another idea of how to spend part of your two weeks. Have fun and have a Bintang for me. Cheers.

#3 Posted: 15/4/2009 - 08:52

• TheGoose

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2009

Thanks for that!

I'm into all 3 - want to see some good beaches, culture and some scenery!

Thanks.

#4 Posted: 15/4/2009 - 13:19

• thailand_as-
    ia

Joined Travelfish
    7th July, 2009
    Location Germany
    Total reviews: 2

when i was on travel tour through bali i visited kuta, sanur, ubud, the vulcanos and tulamben. if you are a scuba diver i can recoment tulamben, there is a realy nice and huge wreck of the second world war (liberty wreck). ubud and sanur was my best and most interesting travel destinations over the sealevel. ubud is realy nice because of the thight forrest and the monkeys, sanur was the for me the best beach on bali in indonesia. i hope you enjoy.
    have fun
    andre

#5 Posted: 8/7/2009 - 17:25

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

Hey - if you've got 2 weeks you might want to consider seeing a little more of Indonesia than just Bali. If you're interested in volcanoes you should read about Gunung Bromo on Java -- I was there last month and it's amazing! There's overnight buses and minivans that run there from Bali, so it's easy to add to any itinerary.

#6 Posted: 14/9/2009 - 13:29

• pdro

Joined Travelfish
    9th June, 2010

How much i would spend if I go from Bali to Bromo !? How much is to see the sunrise !? do i have to buy a ticket from Denpasar to Probolinggo !?
    thanks

#7 Posted: 21/7/2010 - 10:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.