Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Itinerary Help

• jessieo

Joined Travelfish
    20th May, 2009
    Total reviews: 4

Hey there!

Maybe you have done this same trip, or maybe you are really familiar with Indonesia - I need a little help! I am trying to plan a 6 week itinerary from Kota Kinabula (in Malaysian Borneo) ending in Denpasar, Bali. I want to spend approx 10 days in Borneo and 1 month in Indonesia.

The beaches of Bali are not a draw, but the Gilis are. I want 4 days in Ubud at the end, and I want to hit Jakarta, Jogajakarta and a few other places on the way.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

#1 Posted: 20/5/2009 - 13:19

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I'm assuming you're flying from KK to Indo... in which case you could do something like:

KK - fly to Jakarta
    From Jakarta you could head out to Thousand Islands or south to Bogor, then back to Jakarta and take the day train to Yogyakarta for Boroburdur etc. From there continue east to Malang for Bromo-Tengger-Semura National Park (reallllly big volcano). From there onwards east again for crossing to Bali.

If you're looking for somewhere in west Bali to break up the trip, I can give a solid recommendation to Balian Beach area -- post back if you want more info. Otherwise, transit through for flight or boat to Lombok.

Spend a week on Lombok, then a week on the Gilis, then fast boat back to Bali, head to Ubud, then Denpasar and you're done!

All the above would fit in a month -- you could cram in Sumatra as well, but the trip would start to get pretty frantic...

Hope that helps!

#2 Posted: 21/5/2009 - 07:29

• jessieo

Joined Travelfish
    20th May, 2009
    Total reviews: 4

Thank you- that is great info!
    So, you definitely choose Lombok over Sumatra?

#3 Posted: 21/5/2009 - 12:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.