Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

In Bali and Need Some Itinerary Help!!!

• beachfunguy

Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2009

Hello all,

I am currently in Kuta and have enjoyed it but much too touristy and the beach is not what I am looking for. I have about 11 days left around the area and am looking for some suggestions on nice beach areas to go that have a tiny bit of nightlife, and/or some really beautiful quiet spots.

Tomorrow I am going to go to the Gilis for 5 or 6 days and then will have 5 or 6 days remaining, before I catch a flight out of densapar.

Right now was thinking maybe find somewhere on Lombok, or come back to Bali and go to Lovina or the beach just west of dreamland (forget the name). But dont know anything about the area and am completely open to suggestions!!!

I would also like to say thanks to all the posters and travelfish for all there great help and advice. It has really helped me on my journey past couple months and I will try to respond to some older posts and share some things I learned with others once I have some time and trip is done.

Thanks so much for your time!

BeachFunGuy

#1 Posted: 11/6/2009 - 12:29

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I have been researching Lombok and the Nusa Tenggara Islands recently for an upcoming trip. Based on my 'research' knowledge (as opposed to experience!) you may want to look into Kuta Beach on Lombok. From what I've read, it's much quieter that the Bali beaches, but is still a great beach. Not sure about nightlife.

#2 Posted: 11/6/2009 - 16:56

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

The beach just west of Dreamland is BINGIN - great place to stay if you like good surf and cheap surfer-digs, but the beach is very second rate.

But the beach just EAST of Dreamland is called BALANGAN and IMHO is the best beach on mainland Bali. I have pictures of it and several other Bukit Peninsula beaches plus more info in the link below.
    Note however that night-life aint big along here - if you get a good mix of travellers and surfers things can get lively but there are no clubs or dedicated bars. Surfer dudes tend to head into Kuta from here if they want to party hard. But you need your own transport.

The nicest beach in ALL Bali is on Nusa Lembongan island at DREAM BEACH. But this is isolated and has one flashpacker joint.
    There is BALANGAN/BINGIN type surfer/traveller interaction at Jungubatu Bay, but the beach is very ordinary. Not so the surf.

There is a nice enough ocean beach just south of the town beach at laid back Padangbai on mainland Bali. Got some pix below. When I put a trip report up on another forum recently , 2 posters replied how Padangbai has quite a nice little nightlife scene. Might be one to consider.

On Lombok, the Kuta-Lombok area has gorgeous beaches. I think you will find a surfer-traveller vibe similar to the Bukit and Lembongan, although things may have got livelier in the several years since I visited. In the 90s Kuta Lombok had a rager scene like Gili Trawangan.

#3 Posted: 11/6/2009 - 19:34

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Agree with tezza re Balangan -- though it's more a surfer's beach than for swimmers as a rock shelf makes it a bit hard on the feet. Still, a terrific spot - we like it late afternoon into sunset - spectacular

#4 Posted: 12/6/2009 - 09:56

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.