Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Kebunvilla - new place on Bali (doesn't seem to be in guidebooks)

• sjpdg

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2009

I've recently come back from Indonesia and want to recommend a newish place on Bali that doesn't seem to have made the guidebooks yet.

It's in the western half of the island, fairly central and therefore in the hills - well away from the hussle of the beaches on the main tourist drag in the south of the island (about an hour from Denpasar or Ubud). The layout, landscaping, accommodation was all designed by a local guy called Deddy who also runs it. Its called Kebun (which apparently means 'orchard') and is quite stunningly beautiful and very peaceful. There are about 8 or so individual huts with all mod cons but the draw is in the location - the blue blue pool for example is surrounded by the hotel's own paddy fields so you feel absolutely away from the world. I don't usually rave about accommodation but this is something special if you're heading out of the tourist traps and want to get back to how I imagine Bali was a few years ago. The food is really good as well and they were serving lunches and snacks/beers to passing trade. We had a car to get there but I think they may do airport collection. The website is www.kebunvilla.com.

It's a way away from the beaches if that's what you're after but if you want to get away from it all and just chill out, we really enjoyed it. Really recommended.

Sara

#1 Posted: 19/7/2009 - 18:01

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.