Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

new website about the mountains and volcanoes of Indonesia

• dpquinn

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2009

Hello there
    Myself and a friend are currently putting the finishing touches to a new website which aims to eventually be the best English-language resource for information on hiking/climbing the many mountains/volcanoes across the archipelago. We've listed every peak with 1000metre prominence and plenty more which are smaller but are so interesting they simple could not be left out.
    To an extent, the initial success of the site will rely on comments and photos/route descriptions from readers but we also hope that it will be of use to travellers planning hiking trips in Indonesia.
    Here it is....
    www.gunungbagging.com
    Cheers
    Dan

#1 Posted: 8/11/2009 - 23:16

• Advertisement

• legalnomads

Joined Travelfish
    30th October, 2009

I've only done Agung and Rinjani, so I am by no means an expert, but I had to write and say: best name ever for an Indo climbing site! I'll send this around on Twitter too - am sure a lot of people will find it useful. Good luck!

Jodi (from Legal Nomads)

#2 Posted: 9/11/2009 - 11:32

• pax

Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2007

Nice website, wish it was around during my year in Indonesia.
    Though, when you copied the information some parts / terms where not yet translated to English, making it bit more difficult for ones that don't do Bahasa Indonesia.

That appart, great resource, straight into my bookmarks!

#3 Posted: 21/12/2009 - 08:39

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.