Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Visa

• Ignite

Joined Travelfish
    22nd August, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hey fellow backpackers , i cannot find on the internet wether there is or isn`t an Indonesian embassy in bangkok , i need a 60 day visa and was wondering if this could be arranged in BKK and roughly how much it costs...
    Cheers

#1 Posted: 15/12/2009 - 14:02

• Advertisement

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Strange, I googled "Indonesian Embassy Bangkok" and got this straight away!

http://www.kbri-bangkok.com/about_embassy/visa_consular_01.html

The Embassy is on Petchaburi Road, about 100m from Panthip Plaza on the same side of the road so it's fairly simple to get to. (Buses #2 and #511 go past it).

Two month visa applications take a couple of days. Bring your passport there in the morning and collect it and the visa in the afternoon two days later ... providing there's no public holiday which would delay things a bit!

You need to give them your passport, a receipt for an air ticket out of Indonesia and 2 colour photos. I think I paid $45 for a two month visa in October but it might depend on your nationality.

Getting a visa by yourself is very simple but a travel agency could probably do it too for a small extra fee if you prefer.

#2 Posted: 21/12/2009 - 12:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.