Photo: The back blocks of Candi Dasa.

Indonesia forum

Ubud accommdation

Posted by chrispyrolls on 8/1/2010 at 00:05

Hi,

Does anyone know of any 'flashpacker' accommodation in Ubud? The flasher the better...

Thanks

Chris

#1 chrispyrolls has been a member since 2/11/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 198
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by chrispyrolls on 8/1/2010 at 04:40

one that I have seen is

http://www.greenfieldubud.com/home.html

anyone know this place?

#2 chrispyrolls has been a member since 2/11/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 198
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by SBE on 8/1/2010 at 06:47

It looks a bit far from the center of town. I stayed at Kajeng Bungalows last November and thought it was pretty good, very nice rooms, decent sized pool and hot water showers. It cost 150K/night and includes breakfast. The location is good too... within walking distance of both the market and the rice paddies.

#3 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,002
 Where has SBE been? 

Posted by somtam2000 on 8/1/2010 at 08:26 admin

That joint looks pretty nice -- may have to do a research trip next weekend ;) Though as SBE says it is a hefty hike from the centre of things.

What sort of pricerange you looking at? Flash in Ubud can be very very flash...

#4 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by chrispyrolls on 11/1/2010 at 22:27

Thanks - good tip about the distance to the centre

I would say price around the 640k IDR / 70USD mark would be good as it's for a honeymoon... There are plenty of high end places I have seen there for sure - something that is big on arts and crafts would be ideal.

Cheers

#5 chrispyrolls has been a member since 2/11/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 198
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by glomer on 18/3/2010 at 12:52

Alam Indah (part of the small Alam chain--there's also Alam Shanti and Alam Jiwa) is by far the most romantic place I've ever stayed, and is ~$75 a night. It's just outside of town, but walkable through the monkey forest. Ask for an upper-story room overlooking the paddies.

#6 glomer has been a member since 23/2/2010. Posts: 86

Posted by paulclose on 11/6/2011 at 18:52

Stayed a couple of nights in De Ubud Luxury Villa at the top of Monkey Forest road. Luxury 2 bedroom villa with lovely pool and ambience with great "Butler" service. A real treat. Expensive but fantastic. (Approx A$460 per night)

#7 paulclose has been a member since 2/1/2011. Posts: 10

Posted by miangkem on 12/6/2011 at 05:19

There are some really nice looking exactly flashpacker rentals on tripadvisor:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/VacationRentals-g297701-Reviews-Ubud_Bali-Vacation_Rentals.html
We stayed in one that was $25 at the time, a little pricier now:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g297701-d1635425-Tranquility_minutes_from_Ubud_in_carved_cottage-Ubud_Bali.html
There are also some nice looking places through Bali T House that are in your price range:
http://www.balithouse.com/rental.asp
and finally, www.airbnb.com

#8 miangkem has been a member since 4/6/2011. Posts: 6

Posted by mooball on 12/6/2011 at 21:10 TF writer

For $70 per night there is only one choice in my view and that is Tegal Sari. It's right next door to greenfield and the location isn't really out of town. It's just at the southern end of town. Around there you have some good restaurants, a yoga studio, the monkey forest. At the other end of town, you have more restaurants, the market and that's about it. I don't think it matters a great deal. Especially since it's an easy walk to the market from that area AND Tegal Sari provide free transport within Ubud if you can't be bothered walking. The rooms to go for are the wooden room or the deluxe rooms.

The main reason I mention Tegal Sari is because of the service. It truly is excellent. The views at Greenfield are identical to those of Tegal Sari and I suspect the rooms are of a similar quality. If the services matches that of Tegal Sari, it might be worth a look!

#9 mooball has been a member since 19/6/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 431
 Where has mooball been?   Twitter   Google+   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.