Ubud accommdation

• chrispyrolls

Click here to learn more about chrispyrolls
    Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 4

Hi,

Does anyone know of any 'flashpacker' accommodation in Ubud? The flasher the better...

Thanks

Chris

#1 Posted: 8/1/2010 - 00:05

• Advertisement

• chrispyrolls

Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2006
    Location United Kingdom

one that I have seen is

http://www.greenfieldubud.com/home.html

anyone know this place?

#2 Posted: 8/1/2010 - 04:40

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

It looks a bit far from the center of town. I stayed at Kajeng Bungalows last November and thought it was pretty good, very nice rooms, decent sized pool and hot water showers. It cost 150K/night and includes breakfast. The location is good too... within walking distance of both the market and the rice paddies.

#3 Posted: 8/1/2010 - 06:47

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

That joint looks pretty nice -- may have to do a research trip next weekend ;) Though as SBE says it is a hefty hike from the centre of things.

What sort of pricerange you looking at? Flash in Ubud can be very very flash...

#4 Posted: 8/1/2010 - 08:26

• chrispyrolls

Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2006
    Location United Kingdom

Thanks - good tip about the distance to the centre

I would say price around the 640k IDR / 70USD mark would be good as it's for a honeymoon... There are plenty of high end places I have seen there for sure - something that is big on arts and crafts would be ideal.

Cheers

#5 Posted: 11/1/2010 - 22:27

• glomer

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2010

Alam Indah (part of the small Alam chain--there's also Alam Shanti and Alam Jiwa) is by far the most romantic place I've ever stayed, and is ~$75 a night. It's just outside of town, but walkable through the monkey forest. Ask for an upper-story room overlooking the paddies.

#6 Posted: 18/3/2010 - 12:52

• paulclose

Joined Travelfish
    2nd January, 2011
    Total reviews: 5

Stayed a couple of nights in De Ubud Luxury Villa at the top of Monkey Forest road. Luxury 2 bedroom villa with lovely pool and ambience with great "Butler" service. A real treat. Expensive but fantastic. (Approx A$460 per night)

#7 Posted: 11/6/2011 - 18:52

• miangkem

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2011

There are some really nice looking exactly flashpacker rentals on tripadvisor:
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/VacationRentals-g297701-Reviews-Ubud_Bali-Vacation_Rentals.html
    We stayed in one that was $25 at the time, a little pricier now:
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g297701-d1635425-Tranquility_minutes_from_Ubud_in_carved_cottage-Ubud_Bali.html
    There are also some nice looking places through Bali T House that are in your price range:
    http://www.balithouse.com/rental.asp
    and finally, www.airbnb.com

#8 Posted: 12/6/2011 - 05:19

• mooball

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2010
    Location Australia
    Places visited:
    At least 132

For $70 per night there is only one choice in my view and that is Tegal Sari. It's right next door to greenfield and the location isn't really out of town. It's just at the southern end of town. Around there you have some good restaurants, a yoga studio, the monkey forest. At the other end of town, you have more restaurants, the market and that's about it. I don't think it matters a great deal. Especially since it's an easy walk to the market from that area AND Tegal Sari provide free transport within Ubud if you can't be bothered walking. The rooms to go for are the wooden room or the deluxe rooms.

The main reason I mention Tegal Sari is because of the service. It truly is excellent. The views at Greenfield are identical to those of Tegal Sari and I suspect the rooms are of a similar quality. If the services matches that of Tegal Sari, it might be worth a look!

#9 Posted: 12/6/2011 - 21:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.