Flag of Indonesia

Indonesia forum

Camera Shops in Bali

• pythagnz

Joined Travelfish
    12th July, 2005
    Total reviews: 12

Hi. My friend is en route to Bali and is wondering about buying a camera there. Can anybody recommend any reputable camera shops, especially close to Ubud?

Any other advice about buying cameras in Bali is welcome!

Cheers

#1 Posted: 8/1/2010 - 05:23

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

What sort of camera are you looking for? There is a proper Nikon outlet on Jl Diponegro in Denpasar proper and just up the road from there is Rimo Computer Centre which is a massive computer and IT mall -- that is good for handheld point and shoots. I bought a little Canon Ixus a month or so back at the local supermarket in Sanur -- no problems -- and I'm sure there are similar outlets in Ubud.

Note prices tend to be a little higher than what you might see online.

Also, they tend to come with a local guarantee, meaning if there is a problem once you are back home you're kind of stuck -- so ask about that when you buy it.

#2 Posted: 8/1/2010 - 08:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
SELLING CAMERA IN BALI!? ... By lola899 on 11 Apr 2011 0 1668 11 Apr 2011