iPhone Apps forum

Hanoi App Bugged? Help.

• yonaga

Click here to learn more about yonaga
    Joined Travelfish
    10th November, 2010
    Location Malaysia

Hi,
    I love your app very much. But I just recently discovered that some text are not complete, they end up with full stops so I assume there should be more text after all, besides, the sentences are not complete. Please refer to the printscreen at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2426552/hanoi%20app.jpg
    I would really appreciate if you could rectify this bug before I go to Hanoi on the 23rd Nov. Im using iPhone 4, iOS 4.1. Thank you.

Regards
    Xander

#1 Posted: 10/11/2010 - 20:32

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Hey Xander - it might pay to send a Private Message to somtam2000 and let him know, just in case he misses this post. (Find a post that he has made and click on the Private Message link under his name).

#2 Posted: 11/11/2010 - 02:02

• yonaga

Joined Travelfish
    10th November, 2010
    Location Malaysia

Hi busylizzy,
    Noted. Thanks for the tips. Gonna do it right away. Have a great day.

Cheers
    Xander

#3 Posted: 11/11/2010 - 07:07

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Xander,

Glad to hear you like the app - thanks :)

I see what you mean, but it is actually supposed to work that way. The walking tours are designed to be read from one to the next, so taking your example above:

"Lenin Park, with a statue of the revolutionary thinker at the centre. Already you'll see a large old flag tower over on the far side of the park - walk through the park in that direction to find..."

The next card takes off where that leaves off:

"The Military Museum, which houses a massive collection. If you're rushing to make it to the mausoleum before 11:00, plan on returning. Next go north on Dien Bien Phu and left on Le Hong Phong at the triangle. Continue east and you'll start to see a massive complex of green grass and buildings to your right."

While the card before Lenin Park reads:

"Van Mieu, or the Temple of Literature, is considered to form the origins of Vietnamese education. To find the entrance, go left on Van Mieu then right on Quoc Tu Giam - it's in the middle of the block. When you're done, continue down the block to Ton Duc Ton and take a right. After crossing Nguyen Thai Hoc the street becomes Chu Van An. Go one (long) block up to Tran Phu, where you'll take a right. Then coming up on the left you'll find..."

...Lenin Park.

So the walking tour cards are designed to tell you where to go, while the actual sight details are covered in the sights section.

Hope that helps clear it up & have a great time in Hanoi!

#4 Posted: 11/11/2010 - 08:49

• yonaga

Joined Travelfish
    10th November, 2010
    Location Malaysia

Hi somtam2000,
    OIC... Now I know :-p
    Btw, I have taken the liberty to suggest a few things which I think can improve the user experience with ur app, posted in the forum.
    So, keep it coming. Love to see more destinations. Anything in the oven?
    Have a great day.

Cheers
    Xander

#5 Posted: 11/11/2010 - 10:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.