Japan forum

2 nights in Tokyo

• Brute

Joined Travelfish
    16th December, 2012

Hi all, I am in a bit of a jam.

Me and a friend of mine are in Tokyo next week and are looking to go party at night and sight see during the day. We're looking mostly in shinjuku but that's because it's all we know. We'd like to be near some good crazy nightlife, not looking for anything sleazy though. If you can help that would be great. I just ne
    Ed area or hotel tips. We're willing to spend a bit over 100$ Canadian per night for 2 of us. Thanks

#1 Posted: 24/10/2013 - 21:57

• Advertisement

• PeterMFL

Click here to learn more about PeterMFL
    Joined Travelfish
    21st September, 2013

Shibuya is the best for everything!
    You can check out Club Harlem if you into rnb/hiphop or Womb if your into house music.
    Don't forget to bring ID when you head out by the way. Good places will usually ask for it. ID or Passport just don't loose it! ;)

Roppongi is also another main party place Tokyo. There are 2 very popular clubs there one's called flower and the other vanity. Ropppongi is a bit more scummy and sleezy as there are more foreigners there but it's a whole party street.... I personally liked Shibuya better because it's full of younger people and more Japanese people. I find a lot of the foreigners disrespectful...

Don't stay in Shinjuku for nightlife.... Doesn't have much and it's full of Gangster's/scummy people trying to trick you into entering their bars. It's also the main spot for redlight district. Don't worry it's safe just be-careful though. Don't get tricked into going to a bar by a pretty lady and paying for her drinks because there's a chance they will really over-charge you and you won't have any choice but to pay.

Shibuya is very close to Shinjuku anyway.
    Day time I'd go to Shibuya again and from there walk to Harajuku. Visit Takeshita street. If your lucky you might see some people dressed up all weird...

However, that's not really sight seeing that's just checking out the city and shopping I guess.... For sight seeing just go Disney land I guess? It's cheaper to enter after 5pm from memory.

If you need any help feel free to add me to Facebook and ask me. I love talking about Tokyo and love trying to help people have a good time there! :)

https://www.facebook.com/PeterMyFunLife

oh and if there is an event on called Endless Summer I'd recommend that! Very crazy party session with FREE Tequila shots! You'll get very wasted there ;) though that even happens only once a month.

#2 Posted: 1/11/2013 - 10:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.