Photo: Try the green one.

Japan forum

Onsen Ryokan between Tokyo and Kyoto?

Posted by grak88 on 6/8/2014 at 00:08

Does anyone have any recommendations for a ryokan with an onsen? Going to be travelling from Tokyo to Kyoto so anything cool along the way would be appreciated. I'm looking for a more traditional one. Modern is fine but I would rather not stay in one that is like a hotel. Price wise, I'm willing to splurge if it super duper awesome but I don't believe something has to be expensive to be awesome.

Thanks!

#1 grak88 has been a member since 24/1/2012. Posts: 17

Posted by bsolmssen on 20/3/2016 at 18:31

did you end up going? any suggestions for me? we are going in August 2016!

#2 bsolmssen has been a member since 20/3/2016. Posts: 1

Posted by daisybai on 27/4/2016 at 03:46

Hi Bsolmssen,

I went to Japan last year with my and stayed at a very traditional onset ryokan named "Nara-ya" at Kasatsu Onsen. Kasatsu Onsen is located to the northeast of Tokyo and is considered as one of Japan's 3 most famous onsens. Language-wise, one of the staff members is able to speak fluent english so you would have no problem at all. The ryokan also provides you with traditional Japanese cuisine for dinner and breakfast.

Hope you enjoy your trip to Japan!

#3 daisybai has been a member since 27/4/2016. Location: Australia. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.