Flag of Laos

Laos forum

Luang Prabang - accommodation

• emma066

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2009

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to stay in LP?

Looking for -
    Double room
    Balcony (not necessity)
    Good central location

Budget $25-30

Thanks for your help!

#1 Posted: 16/3/2010 - 23:23

• Advertisement

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

I was there last month and liked Thatsaphone Villa. It's down a quiet side street from Sisavangvong Road (Night Market street / the main tourist road). It used to be Thatsaphone Guesthouse, but they've upgraded and it's pretty nice -- big rooms in a converted house, garden setting, free WiFi, and I'm pretty sure there were balconies.

I found it just by walking around, and the website on the business card they gave me isn't working... it's not in a super-obvious location, so they weren't full even during the high season when I was there (they quoted me $25 for a room inc. breakfast). This is the number +71 253577

#2 Posted: 17/3/2010 - 08:25

• Archmichael

Joined Travelfish
    23rd July, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 2

We stayed at Villa Laodeum one year ago, and I was just in contact with the owner (Sayvanh) a few days ago. Great, low-key place. It's on a side street between Sisavangvong and the Mekong side, and directly across from the Royal Palace museum. It was very quiet there, and the staff is delightful. A wee bit over your range ($30-40, depending upon season - breakfast included), but very nice place.

Here's the website: http://www.villalaodeum.com/
    And telephone: +856 (0) 71 255 777

#3 Posted: 17/3/2010 - 08:46

• emma066

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2009

Thanks for these. Has anyone else got any suggestions?

Cheers!

#4 Posted: 17/3/2010 - 19:37

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Luang Prabang accommodation ... By stevewilkes on 17 Jan 2012 18 2993 2 Feb 2012
Accommodation in Luang Prabang ... By Loretta on 25 Jul 2009 3 2667 4 Aug 2009
Flights from Chiang Mai to Luang Prabang & Luang Prabang to Hanoi(V'nam)? ... By aussieboonmar on 8 Mar 2006 7 9419 19 Aug 2011