Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Beerlao in Mullumbimby!!!

Posted by marianwarren on 23/10/2006 at 15:24

Hi all beer enthusiasts

I am enjoying my first Beerlao 5 weeks before I expected to ... normally drink Cintra - Portuguese, but they were out of stock. Beerlao is very similar in flavour with maybe less malt and slightly sweeter ... very nice, very quaffable! It's amazing being able to obtain this in a town with less than 3000 people.

Regards

Marian

PS.I lied - this is my second ... had to wait to use the computer!

#1 marianwarren has been a member since 12/3/2006. Posts: 270

Posted by sideflip1 on 23/10/2006 at 15:47

which town are you in? anyway sounds great. i've heard many times on a visit to laos you should drink some Beerlao and relax. can't wait to do it myself in a couple months.

#2 sideflip1 has been a member since 16/10/2006. Posts: 18

Posted by marianwarren on 23/10/2006 at 16:54

Hi sideflip 1

Mullumbimby is a country town in Northern New South Wales, Australia - 20kms/12miles from Byron Bay - Australia's most easterly point - beautiful mountains/beaches, great surf, cosmopolitan, alternative culture ... what more can I say ... have lived here for 23 yrs and love it.

Wasn't looking to plug my home region - rather the fact that I was drinking Beerlao and relaxing while still in oz and not SE Asia. 3 weeks to go before we fly to Bangok!

Ciao

Marian

#3 marianwarren has been a member since 12/3/2006. Posts: 270

Posted by kitar_ok on 24/10/2006 at 11:07

spam deleted

#4 kitar_ok has been a member since 10/10/2006. Posts: 14

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.