Photo: Classic scenery surrounds Vang Vieng.

Laos forum

Paddling Nam Kading or Hinboun

Posted by romandaniel on 29/10/2006 at 06:34

I'm going to Laos at the end of November and I'd like to spend some time paddling a river or two in Khammouan or Bolikhamsay provinces (Nam Hinboun? Nam Kading?). I mean not very difficult rivers, with several days on water and overnight camping on the river banks.

Do you think it is possible to rent (buy?) some local paddle boat there or should I bring my own inflatable one or is it the idea foolish at all?

I appreciate any recommendation.

#1 romandaniel has been a member since 29/10/2006. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 29/10/2006 at 06:56 admin

Hi Romandaniel,

Welcome to Travelfish!

I don't know if you saw it, but the photo of the day yesterday was from a boat trip we did on the Nam Kading years ago -- just in case you didn't, here's the pic again:

As for renting a boat, I guess it's possible -- but it would have an engine -- if you wanted a kayak, you'd almost definetly have to bring your own.

The river is BEAUTIFUL, so its not at all a foolish idea.

Hope that helps

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.